Paypal - Be Very Careful - Warning To All

pilch23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I never thought it would happen to me but it has!

Went to withdraw some monies from my account yesterday to find I had insuffient funds, slightly surprised as for once I have some money! The money was still showing in my account.

Phoned my bank to be told that a payment had been authorised for £1009 which had cleared my account. I immediatley informed them that I had not used my card so please stop the payment (the monies had not left my account) I was told they could not as THEY had authorised! The amount taken had also taken me overdrawn!

The payment had been authorised to paypal and was informed by my bank to call paypal. I asked if the call was recorded, to which they replied it was, so i stated quite clearly "MY NAME IS XXXXXXX PLEASE DO NOT AUTHORISE PAYMENT IT IS A FRAUDLENT TRANSACTION" and was then told they could do no more and suggested I call paypal.

Paypal are impossible to call my telephone, you need to search for a number and when you do finally locate they are not open 24/7.

I eventually got through this morning and after speaking to "JOHN" in clearly another country at paypal whom laughed once he realised my account had had over £9000 worth of attempted transactions on it with only one been authorised. He did help although we did struggle to understand each other and paypal agreed to reversed the transaction and suspend my account pending further enquiries.

Now the crunch................my bank will not give me any money although it clearly shows in my account, as they have authorised a fraudlent transaction which takes all the monies within it and no one is disputing is fraudlent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paypal have reversed the request for payment but it takes 10 to 30 days for this to be acknowledged on my bank account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE ALL BECAREFUL.

Sorry to hear your story. Hope your money comes back quickly.

Did you get any indication why the bank authorised it in the first place?

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.