Virgin Media overcharging? Where do we stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really don't know if this is in the correct place so my apologies if not, and please move to correct place if neccessary. Thank you.

It became apparent to me yesterday that friends, colleagues and neighbours are paying a lot less than me for their Virgin Media. TV, phone and broadband. These people, most of whose bills I have seen, are paying £30-£40 a month for full TV (inc Sky Sports), XL Broadband and talk unlimited phone. Guess what? I am paying £120 (appx) per month for EXACTLY THE SAME SERVICE!!!!! (even though I haven't even got SS!!) Some of these people have been with VM either the same length of time, or longer, than me.

OK. Am I missing something here? Lets buy a pint of milk. Cost to me £0.50. Same pint of milk, as bought by my neighbour/colleague/friend = £0.10. We are both getting the same product/service, but at substantially different prices!! Come on, do I have "pilchard" written all over my face????? I am expected to accept that am I?

Me thinks either a letter to Holland Park (via my good friend in London), a phone call to Watchdog or a phone call to VM saying "What the **** is going on??? Explain yourselves!"

Any advice on what to do? Or have I just missed the point completely?

Thanks people, in advance.

At the very least the VIP package will offer more than you have now for less money so may be worth a look

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

I got a price for sky from a kiosk in our local mall, contacted virgin and yes I was given a great deal,

Go for it

regards

andy

I must agree. Ring them, tell them that you are not happy about this and that you wish to cancell your contract. They will transfer you to a team who will do everything they can to claw you back from the brink. here my friend lies a great deal!

Good Luck