Blanked out information @DPA

pj41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a quick question, my partner has just received her DPA info back from our friends @ MBNA. Along with all the statements and charges info they have kindly sent all the details held right back to time of application for the card (Stone round her neck).

She has five pages here all with some information blacked out by marker pen prior to copying and sending to her.

eg: Decision details

Decision Accept

Reason codes ****************

Surely if this is data held by MBNA about her dhe has a right to see it.

Any thoughts

Cheers

Paul

Can't answer im afriad but interestingly when i sent off my DPA to them

they sent me a letter saying we're not sure exactly what you mean but included is a list of all charges and dates applied, they also sent my cheque back, so what I got was a one sheet list that they'd just put together not exactly what I was requesting.

Good luck to your girlfriend anyway, my MBNA debt was a huge millstone - once you are over limit or get into difficulties repaying, they are very tough to deal with as they always whack fees on which makes it so much harder to get under control. It took me several phone calls of dealing with some pretty unpleasant people to get the charges stopped for three months so I could get it back under the limit.

Successfully claimed £620 from MBNA

Successfully claimed £350 from Natwest

Assisted other half to claim £820 from Barclays

Helped a friend claim back approx £250 from Halifax.

hi Paul, i'm with you, i think under the dpa letter she is entitled to see what they have to say about her! i'm sure someone with more knowledge of this sort of thing will put us right on this! good luck anyway!!:)

Hi Surreyscouse,

Interestingly some other details blanked out relate (or seem to) about credit limit increases. eg increase CL from x to y

next line accept xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These increases were never asked for, they just do it. In light of the programme last night re' irresponsible lending I was just wondering if the two may be connected!!!!

Can't answer im afriad but interestingly when i sent off my Data Protection Act to them

they sent me a letter saying we're not sure exactly what you mean but included is a list of all charges and dates applied, they also sent my cheque back, so what I got was a one sheet list that they'd just put together not exactly what I was requesting.

Good luck to your girlfriend anyway, my MBNA debt was a huge millstone - once you are over limit or get into difficulties repaying, they are very tough to deal with as they always whack fees on which makes it so much harder to get under control. It took me several phone calls of dealing with some pretty unpleasant people to get the charges stopped for three months so I could get it back under the limit.

Hi Grey Lady,

MBNA did exactly the same to my good lady. She sent the cheque back with a covering letter saying it was self explanantory what info they are to supply, there then followed some other letters asking for more ID and we will endeavour to meet your deadline date etc, (they diidn't half drag this out) 3rd of July was her deadline to them. Suprise suprise special deliverery arrived Friday 30th June.

Cheers and good luck with your claim.

Paul

Hi All,

Letter received back from MBNA regarding this.

Along the lines of - the info blacked out is relavent to us not you.

We will just leave it there I can't be A***d with them.

Cheers

Paul