Capital One PPI charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi....

i'm posting this for my mother-in-law....(no funny in-law jokes please...she's actually really nice....!!!!)

anyway, she got herself a C 1 credit card about 6 years ago, no problems...then got a letter a while ago asking her if she would like an upgraded card, which she accepted....but they just sent her another card...fine so she kept both, used them paid, paid the card bill each month no problems.....recently she noticed that she was being charged for a PPI on both cards neither which asked for.

she has now asked why this was and was told that she was sold the PPI's by telephone......which she has told me never happen.....problems starting!!!!

so far she has by letter asked for the money back...about £800.... and was told no, the PPI's were sold to her by phone and thats that....!

she has now managed to ask for her statements from day one of her account which she has now got.....

i presume we now need to ask for a copy of the original agreement for the cards to make sure PPI was not asked for.....

what do we do next.....???

i have some experience of claiming charges back myself as i successfully got all my bank charges back last year from nationwide with that help of this fantastic site.....and "milk tray man"......you know who you are..:-)

Nick V Nationwide

regards

Nick (busa)

hi , i am claiming ppi from cap1 now, at court stage.

what you need to do is to cca them , paying the £1.00 fee, and i would do a full sar data protection request so you can have all the info you need from cap1.

make sure you have a copy of the ppi policy and with the sar request ask for transcripts of the phone calls made .

in the meantime work out the fees paid and use the credit card spread sheets to enter the details. this can be found in the a-z list on the site.

good luck

cheers oggy..

cca what's that then......cant remember?

oh...and whats the link to your thread, id like to keep an eye on it to see how your doing.....good luck with it...

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I work for a BBC1 consumer affairs programme called "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

Having read your story, we would be extremely keen to hear from you to see if there is anything we might be able to do to help.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

robertgee@flametv.co.uk

0207 713 6868

Thanks very much,

Robert Gershinson

Don’t Get Done, Get Dom (BBC1)

Hi all

Capital One account taken out in 2000.

Im claiming back husbands PPI charges Capital One also said it was agreed over the phone in October 2004. Now my husband is an ex purchasing director from the motor industry and there is no way on this earth he would agree to anything like this over the phone.

We have a copy of the CCA and this now turns out to be an application form not an agreement so we have put together two court bundles which was sent to the Court last week.

Today we have had a phone call from Capital One offering to refund £50 of the PPI back, but it would have to come of the balance of the account.

Needless to say we told them we have two claims in with the court, and basically see you there. The guy then said it will go to there Solicitors then and we will incure charges. Seems odd as we are the one thats taken them to Court.

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...