another land of leather thread

madMARTINmarsh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again people, its been a long time since I last posted on here with an update so here is the latest, Ive waited a long time for lol to reply.

Basically land of leather are refusing to help me further, they have constantly ignored my letters even though I have posted them registered mail so know they have been received. They have failed to return 5 phone call!

The only time I got any kind of reply from them was a letter saying that as far as they were concerned my problem was not a manufacturing fault and would not be procedding with my case further, I have never stated the problem was a manufacturing fault just that the sofa was faulty.

Trading standards have now advised me that my only option is to proceed with small claims court, I am happy to do this but my problems are not visible via a photograph and I am not sure if the court would have a video player so I can prove my problem.

I also have the problem that land of leather will not provide me with an S.A.R as I have requested 3 times nor will they tell me what the engineers report contains so I cannot arm myself for any rubbish they try to use against me, I dont want to go to court and not be able to defend against any counter claim they make (if I cant prove my case I will have to pay for all legal advice and maybe the managers wage will be payable by myself)

Im basically asking what you fine people would suggest as I am a little stuck and confused as to what to do next, Im starting to get very stressed with all of this and the condition of the sofa is getting worse..... much worse.

ahhhhhh please help

As for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) complain here Information Commissioner's Office - ICO this is a legal request and they only have 40 days to reply.

write to

Kevin Maguire

Company Secretariat

Units K1-K2 Lower Road

Northfleet

Kent

DA11 9BL

Copy all correspondance to Kent Trading Standards

Kent County Council

Consumer Advice

PO Box 71

Ashford

Kent

TN24 8WB

Dont worry about issuing a summons, the fact that they are refusing to send you this data is that it probably contains info they dont want you to have, and I think any Judge will know why they are hiding things from you.

They probably wont let it get to court anyway, they usually settle on receipt of a summons

LOL should supply you with the engineer reports upon you sending them a S.A.R. I had similar problems with another furniture company who basicly didn't want to supply me with the engineer reports as the information within these reports reveals information crucial to the coming case in court I have with them. Check out my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/128867-nicolee2931-cousins-furniture-stores.html

This is probably the same reason why they are not passing the reports onto you.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, its been a while since I posted on here.

Just thought I would let you all know that lol have decided to give me a refund..... completely out of the blue.

I hadnt been in contact with them for nearly 2 months and had given up hope of them giving a refund without court action but all of a sudden the store manager rings up to offer me a full refund including delivery fee:eek:

I still cant believe it, I had to ring back the next day just to make sure it wasnt a member of my family playing a cruel joke but the receptionist knows about it as well:grin:

Im not sure why they suddenly decided to give me a refund but im so pleased to be getting my money back, the sofa is a real piece of cr*p nowand we were looking at buying another one and taking this one to the skip but now we dont have too 8)

• 1 month later...

This is my first post on here and sorry but I have to join you people in a nose to nose fight with Land of Leather....We bought our 2 sofas on 26.12.06...5 - 7 working days delivery they said...3 months later we were still waiting, eventually they turned up but 8 weeks later the stitching had come undone and the recliner broke on the 3 seater and the stitching and backs came loose on the 2. I spoke to the manager and a echnician was sent out who fixed the recliner straight away but said he couldnt mend the stitching and that he would contact the store. Then nothing..I contacted the store again and couldnt get to speak to the manager...he must have been so busy!! 3 times a week I called the store and nothing. Eventually I told the assistant that I would be taking advice...she told me a technician would be sent out again...I waited in..a day off work and nothing..We have been going back and forth since then....The 12 months expired and I was told I now owe £2000 for sofas that cost 699.00 despite them having been broken since they were 8 weeks old....Again I called the store and this time lost my temper...told them that they would be hearing from a solicitor..to which they sent a technician out..who took one look at the sofa and took pictures stating that they were sub standard and should be replaced.....I waited 2 weeks to here from LOL and nothing so once again I called them (phone bill through the roof!!)..I was told that as the warranty on them had expired I would have to pay for all repairs...I explained that the faults had been there from 8 weeks and that enough was enough...she said she would call back and yep she did..to tell me to come and choose new sofas as the ones I have are no longer made...I went to the store and there were my sofas...same colour and model..I chose them...but no I cant have them as they are £300 more than they were in 2006...apparantly another company now makes them and uses the same design and name as before!!! thats why they are £999. The only other sofas they have for £699 were too big to fit in my house...I have now been told they will refund the money I have paid on credit £250 so far and leave me with no sofas or live with the faulty ones...I went mad at the manager and was told..well there was a eriod of time where you didnt contact the store..4 months to be precise..I asked for the dates and I told him that I was in hospital after having a stroke and my husband was in Iraq!! and we had other things to worry about at the time than the sofaas and as soon as I was on my feet I was back in touch...My doc has told me not to get stressed but what am I supposed to do... I told the manager that I was goignt o contact Trading Standards..his response...Fine go on then!...So I have..I am now going to write to the Managing director and see what happens...

I will NEVER EVER go near another LOL store.....