Orange & Sony Ericsson- Multiple Handset Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have been with Orange for a number of years now, roughly about 4.

I have a Dolphin 30 package, which I have had for 2 years ish now. I had my handset upgraded in November 2007, I opted for the Sony Ericsson W910i.

Since I have had this hansdet, I have had multiple problems, which have resulted in the hansdet being replaced twice, these include

*Applications freezing

*Shake controls don't work

*Can't access text mesage inbox

*Can't send or receive messages

*Can't send or receive e-mail

*Can't answer calls

*Can't access call register

*Camera failing

*Media centre failing

*Failing to charge

*Not holding battery charge

The Orange shop I bought my hansdet from initially changed the handset twice because it failed within 14 days of my purchase.

Now it has failed again and has lost all my text messages, contacts and photos, I called Orange and spoke firstly to their tech team then customer services.

In fairness, the tech chap was very helpful, saying there was multiple known faults with this handset and they were monitoring the situation. He put me through to customer services.

As I have only had the phone 4 months into an 18 month contract, I really am unhappy with the problems I have encountered and that they happen so repeatedly. I was told that I can update my software every day from the Sony Ericsson website or pay £300 for changing the handset, there is apparently nothing Orange can do, even though they are aware of the faults. I was just advised to write in with my concerns.

Now, I paid £117.50 for my upgrade, because I didn't want any of the rather dire free handsets and I am just really rather peeved because I basically can't do anything about it, I just seemingly having to put up with a faulty phone for another 10 months until my next free upgrade comes around.

Does anyone know if I can make Orange repair or replace the phone, seeing as it is only 4 months since I bought it?

Cheers

TF xx

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Hi Tooth Fairy

Sorry to hear of all the problems you are having with your phone, hopefully i can help you with a way forward!

Basically, if you have a problem with the phone and with its age you will be able to get a replacement. It will be for the moment the same model though. bear in mind that the models being sent out now have had a softwear update so it is hopefully not going to suffer with the same faults as your present one!

First question is..do you use a memory card? if so, remove it, restart your phone and use it for 48 hours to see if there is any improvement. Some memory cards get corrupted and the phones display many of the problems you describe.

For the battery life problem, make sure your bluetooth is not switched on all the time.

If the problem now is as above, the handset is losing its memory, then it is the handset at fault, not the softwear and only replacement/repair will sort it.

With those basics out of the way, do you have Orange Insurance? if so call into customer services and give them the detail of the most troublesome issue (they can only 'diagnose' one fault at a time!) Would suggest the answering calls or text messaging problems. When diagnosed as faulty you will be sent out a replacement.

If no insurance, then you are covered under the sales of goods act via your retailer, whether they be Orange retail shop, car phone warehouse, ph4u etc. they are responsible for the replacement/repair of your phone.

If it is an indipendant dealer who wont honour the SOG act then contact Sony Ericson, they are really good and will ask you to send the phone off for assessment/repair under the manufacturers warranty.

Hope some of the above helps, good luck!

• Haha 1

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Thanks OP!

I have tried the memory card trick, that was given to me on the phone from Orange, so thats been done.

I have Orange Insurance, which is why it has been replaced twice, the latest model I have, I was promised it had all the software updates etc, so I didn't envisage a problem. This is where Orange are being somewhat reluctant to say the least to help any further, because, in their eyes, this phone I have now SHOULD have all the faults rectified!!

I bought from an Orange shop, so should I approach them again?

I don't mind getting it repaired or replaced, whatever, as long as I have a working phone! For £30 a month, I can't afford not to have the phone working as it should be.

Thanks for your advice xx

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Hi TF

If the phone has been replaced by the store then they are still the guys you need to speak to. But, if it has been replaced by Orange CS under the insurance the store wont be able to help you any longer as the phone with the problem is not the one they originally supplied you with (different serial number!)

so, It would be replaced under the insurance again. Even if the guys on the phone say 'all should be ok now as its latest softwear' your response to that is 'well its not'!! they need to do a diagnostic and get it sent to tech support at the barest minimum! if they are not prepared to do that you may have to escalate the call by asking to speak to a supervisor, but i really dont see why they would have a problem doing a diagnostic on it at all!!

Best wishes

x

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!