Council's website refers to penalty charge as 'parking FINE' - is this ticket valid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Of course it is illegal to refer to a penalty charge as an catual parking fine, because technically it's not a fine. The ticket itself is worded correctly (the council had to change their illegally worded tickets a while back).

But on the local council's website, it states:

"Pay your parking fine online. you will need your PCN number and a valid email address to complete online."

Their automated telephone payment line also refers to it as a "fine". So given that they are asking me to pay a fine when in fact it isn't, does this render the charge invalid?

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

That's the answer I expected to be honest, however they are basically asking (or 'inviting') me to pay a fine and I haven't been fined. In this sense I feel the wording on their website and indeed their phone lines mean that they are referring to this as a fine and therefore implying I have to pay a fine when I don't because it isn't a fine.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)