Getting MBNA before they get Me!

banker_rhymes_with
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BRW, you seem to know what you are about, so I will jsut answer the questions that I can:

I'm looking now for a suitable CCA Request Template Letter, and will get that off ASAP.
there are some templates somewhere on the site bit I can't fond them ATM. You don't really need a template - it's quite straightforward. Quote the account number as the reference and then say, "I request a copy of the executed agreement for the above account under s78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I also request a copy of the statement of account under the same section of the Act. Please note that the statutory period for you resonse to this request is 12 days. I enclose the statutory fee of £1. Yours...".
Can you please advise if sending the CCA Letter will in itself put the Account technically into Dispute? Or is that only the case after they fail to supply a CCA within the 12+1 Days?
In principle I think the CCA letter should do it. However, many companies don't seem to cotton on to this. If you send the letter to a DCA acting on behalf of the original lender, they are supposed to sed the request to the lender and stop collection activities. This usually happens (but not always). Certainly, though, after 12 days the account is in dispute.
In terms of Document Delivery, do you have any thoughts on using a Carrier rather than the Post Office to Deliver key Letters? Only asking, as it would be much easier for me to use our Carrier, as I can then have the Letters picked up, and then Track the Letters on-line and see Proof of Delivery (P.O.D.) Signatures when they get there.
No problem with that. These companies are usually more reliable than Royal Mail. In my expereince, about 30% of letters sent recorded delivery never show up on track and trace and no proof of delivery ever materialises. In a large number of cases, I have only been sure that a letter has arrived because I got a reply.
I think I would prefer to Pay the £1 CCA or £10 for Subject Access Request (S.A.R.) via some accountable means, like Cheque or BACS, but don't want to hand them a Signature on a Plate, or provide additional Banking Details they can investigate and exploit.
The problem is getting the payment attached to your letter unless you make the payment and then send the transaction number as you suggest lower down. IMHO, postal orders are the best. Make sure you write enough on the back so that, should it become detached on arrival, they will know where it belongs. I had a problem with Goldfish whose mail room sem to remove postal orders and cheques to a seperate pile and then no-one knows where they should go.
I'm thinking of adding a Signature Box on my Letters, such as a tint with words to make it hard to Copy or Scan any Signature signed over that, to prevent them from using it elsewhere....
You could do that or just print your name on the letter and sign over it with a different colour pen. Anti-aliasing in any scan should make the 2 virtually impossible to seperate.
I'd also like to see when the £1 CCA Payment clears, which I do not think is possible with a Postal Order, although I have not used a Postal Order in many years. They may now show when they have been Cashed via some on-line means?
Not that I know of.

On the credit lime prescribed term, most CC companies seem to get away with something like "your credit limit will be sent to you"

I am going to check about the prescribed terms being on the back. I'l get back to you.

BRW

Remember that the regulations apply to the original not the copy. The thng I want to check up on is whether being printed back-to-back satisfies the requirement that "the prescribed terms must be within the agreement document itself and cannot be contained in a separate document". I don't think so, but I just want to check.

An application form is void anyway under s59.

• 2 weeks later...

BRW

As you rightly say, you only need 1 SAR as it's the information on you that they have to divulge not on the account. Simply put both accountnumber on to help them out a bit.

What alanalana says is perfectly true (it is effectively what the DPA says). Getting them to comply though (ie being adamant) can be extremely hard work.

BRW

I think you give MBNA too much credit! (not the sort of credit defined in CCA74) :wink:

Their admin is a complete shambles.

They are anatomically challenged - a*ses and elbows are a complete mystery to them.

Much B*llsh*t No Agreements

Muppet Bankers Numpty Administrators

(I'm sure there are many other 4 letter acronyms we could come up with)

kinda sums them up really.

1 S.A.R will give them more than enough headaches to deal with. They do not seem able to get two people together to get two braincells working in the same direction.

Look at the number of Vice-Presidents/Managers of this that and the other that they have.

Any organisation which sends out pictures of pink pigs has a fundamental problem with their organisational culture!

According to them it costs at least £12 a time. What an expensve machine! ;)

I suspect the machine has more intelligence (artificial or otherwise) than the usual MBNA drone/Manager/Vice President - hence the exorbitant cost.