BLS and CCA request

Patma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm on my second attempt to get BLS Collections to take delivery of my CCA request. The first one was by recorded delivery which was never apparently signed for, but neither has it come back to me. (This was sent mid November).

On 6th Feb I sent another request but this time by special delivery and I was also replying to a letter I've just had from them offering me a reduced price if I settle my debt. I sent my letter to the address given which was a PO Box in Oxford. So far it hasn't been able to be delivered. At first I was told there was a redirection in place for that address. Today the only information is that there is no information LOL:? .

I'm wondering if any others have had a problem with getting CCA requests or other stuff delivered to BLS or if anyone has a different address for them.

Thanks, Patma

you need to use the search option:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=1310359

lots of good info there.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 legislates an item posted is delivered unless evidence to the contrary if found e.g. the item is returned to you undeliverable.

7. Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression "serve" or the expression "give" or "send" or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document and unless the contrary is proved, to have been effected at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Does this mean recorded/special delivery as you have proof of sending?

It doesn't seem to refer to recorded/special delivery as far as I can see but I must admit I'm a bit puzzled now, because if it doesn't , then why do we always need to get items signed for?

Also it's not very satisfactory if a bank or DCA can claim they've sent something when you haven't received it and can't be sure they did actually post it.

I complained to Royal Mail about the non-delivery of my letter and they are really dragging their feet about finding out what happened to it, so I got impatient today and rang BLS to ask if they've received it.

I had a fun conversation with the charming lady who thought she had a right to ask numerous questions while she had the chance, but I didn't fall for that and managed to get her to check whether my letter had been received.

To my surprise she confirmed they have indeed got it. So much for special delivery. Don't know how they've done it, but they've managed not to give a signature for it.

I've now found out that the address BLS give on their letterheads is a fake address. PO Box 467E doesn't exist, neither does the postcode OX4 1WA.

My special delivery letter was redirected because they have a redirection in place for this fake address. Somehow or other this seems to get them out of signing for things.

Thats nice to know nice 1 , got them next on me hitlist , luckily though I can do it over the phone ask lowells or RW .

But thanks none the less , BLS BE SCARED BE VERY SCARED AS THE FAT BRUMMIE IS COMING FOR YA .

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

Hi there Never give in, it's good to meet you.

The CCA is the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and people use the Act to request a copy of their original consumer credit agreement, which has to be properly signed and contain all the prescribed terms as laid down in the Act.It's important to send a postal order for £1 (not a cheque with your signature) and use recorded or special delivery. If the agreement is not provided within the 12 days, the debt becomes unenforceable unless or until a properly executed agreement is produced. When 30 days have passed the creditor has committed an offence if they have still not complied.

If you're being hassled, it would be best for you to give details of the problem on the forum. There are some really excellent people here and I can't begin to tell you how much help and support I've got from so many of them. I think you'll find that Rushbridge are well known here too, although I haven't had dealings with them myself.

I'm no expert, but I can tell you that the golden rule is never speak to them over the telephone and insist they put everything in writing.

Good luck,

Patma

• 10 months later...

well prob so but as its lloyds chasing a lloyds debt that wont wash.

i'd be inclined to forget it TBH.

how old is the debt and what was it?

last payment made etc?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's an old TSB Trustcard from the 1980s and they say there's just over £400 owing. I had a payment arrangement for a good few years,and received no statements during that time. I sent a CCA request, and asked for a proper statement etc about a year ago now, which has been totally ignored. I had all sorts of problems with getting letters signed for, so never had any proof of receipt. I even wrote to Lloyds/TSB Head Office and complained but they ignored me too....until now that is LOL

When they failed to even acknowledge my CCA request, I stopped paying because I'm not convinced there's any debt left to pay.

well it is statute barred by a long way then

just totally ignore them.

just a dca doing some fishing.

then ONLY way you will be liable for this is if you have made a monetary transaction [either in or out] in the last 6 yrs

if not

forget the hold thing there is nothing they can do about it!

dx

and they