bigegg v Welcome

bigegg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't have a scanner I am afraid but I have spent hours today going through Welcome posts on this site and my handwritten agreement does include an Acceptance fee which was added onto the total ammount of Loan - not total amount of Credit. I was sold life insurance which I was told I had to have and also payment protection. There is no total payable on the agreement and when I stopped paying it a couple fo years ago I had already paid over £6000.

Same here however I went into default with account as I was so annoyed with the company. They will not pay me cash it will only come off the ammount owed which they ahve worked out to be the same as the PPI owed to me apart from pennies diefference !!

This is the wierd bit - I paid them off two years ago, by selling my house (just before the crash :.) )

so there's no balance for them to knock it off.

I'll actually be getting 6 grand in my account (so they say - not gonna hold my breath)

Carpe Jugulum

Really well that is what I thought after reading all that's come before - they tried desperately to get me to re-write the loan a couple of years ago and I thankfully refused - also what do I do about the PPI payment offer? I would appreciate any advice as my mind is all over the place - oh my goodness they are so corrupt anyway - does tht mean I will get all monies back if I take them to court??

no monies back ime afraid

it will be classed as unJust enrichment

the reason they tried to get you to sign a new loan is that it would cancel out this one

all it means is the debt still exsists but they cant enforce the debt in a court of law

if the ppi offer discharges the loan

i would accept it but only if they say so in writing

However, my argument is that 2 years when I disputed the PPI there was still £2000 to pay on loan somehow - I did miss 3 payments but increased my payments to take this into account - If I am due back £2,500 in PPi (with interest) how have they managed to get to the figure of £2,500 still owed on the loan? Can I instist on the PPi refund in cash instead of paying of loan?

I AM POSTING THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ON PEOPLE DOING AN SARlink3.gif ON THESE JOKERS,

IS ASKS FOR SPECIFIC DOCUMENTS AND LEAVES THEM NO ROOM TO MOVE.

SEND TO

WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICE

COMPLIANCE

RUDDINGTON FIELD BUSINESS PARK

RUDDINGTON

NOTTINGHAM

NG11 6NZ

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIEVERY

GOOD HUNTING

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any

link3.gif

which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to
6 years
link3.gif
of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any
interest
link3.gif
charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

• 1 year later...

Just been browsing through my closed accounts on Noddle, and had a look at my "welcome" account which I paid off when I sold my house in 2007.

I have a row of "up to date" markers to February 2007 (when I paid them off in full), then the March marker is "Three month's Late" !!!:-x:-x:-x:-x

I can't believe how furious I am at them for that - I don't know whether they did it through spite, or incompetence, but either way, I'm ready to rip them a new cakehole.

How can I make welcome take the biggest financial loss for this? (even if it's just a referral to FOS, so they can charge them the £800 referral fee or whatever it is).

Carpe Jugulum

(sorry, I know this is no laughing matter, but I just lmao at you wanting to rip them a new cakehole)

Can't believe these shower are still up to their old tricks...

I'm sure the sensible experts Will be along shortly to offer advice.

Just a thought. Have you checked your other CRA files? Welcome appeared on one of the other ones for me. Can't remember which one. But it definitely wasn't noddle - they couldn't find me :|

Noddle have featured on these boards regularly recently because of their inaccurate information and discrepancies. However, they've also corrected quiet a few errors within 14 days after discrepancies have been reported to them.

Hope you get it sorted

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

• dx100uk changed the title to Welcome PPI refund out of the blue -wtf?