3 Mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first of all im sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

My sister has a contract phone with 3. the contract was for 18 month with 12 month 1/2 price line rental of £17.50 per month. Then £35 after that.

All was going well till after six months into the contract they started charging her full price, they appologised when she contacted them saying they redo the contract every 6 months and her 1/2 price line rental had been overlooked. they said it would be crdited to her phone .

since then she has been overcharged every month, made 100s of phoncalls and has been to the 3 shop on loads of occasions, she gets results over the phone etc but they never follow through. This months bill is now £150 + £35 for next month, Her bill claims she owes them the money but its them who owe her, she also is having interest added to the amount they owe her which she has to pay.

She was told today in the 3 shop that they will not refund her anything until she pays the £150, or else she will look as being in default and her phone will be switched off, They say if she pays they will then put the amount back on her phone to use up, but she cant afford it as it should only be £17.50 and even then they owe her so infact she should have nothing to pay.

Sorry this is so long winded, does anyone have any advice. She has tried everything and has now cancelled her direct debit with them.

Thank you

I too had problems with 3 mobile. I sent them a letter recorded delivery saying 'due to their breech of contract' I was exercising my right to cancel the contract and take my business elsewhere. I cc'd the letter to the OFT and Ofcom.

Within 24 hours they had phoned me, apologised, issued me with a new contract at half the original price and sent me a brand spanking new handset.

Might be worth a try for your sister? Make sure you send the letter recorded though.

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007