Council Tax Benifit.

Tawnyowl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have struggled for years to pay council tax .Now i hear it is to go up again.Have got county court judgement on council tax-two more payments to go.If you are self employed and on family tax credit can you get any reductions.I do not earn a big amount and if everything keeps going up ,it sometimes does not seem to make sense working.Dont get me wrong i like working but whats the use if you flog yourself to end up broke at the end of the week.Pride is one thing but what is this country coming to.Thousands of people are leaving this country- why.Therse are not stupid people they are business people and retired people.What do they know.A few of them have told me they can no longer watch what is happening in our towns and citys-worrying or what.

tawnyowl; the best course of action really is to suck it and see. I would strongly advise you to simply to apply for Council Tax benefit. You should call your council and ask them for a form. The forms are pretty easy and you'd need to send them evidence of income and of your circumstances (children? disability? etc). Nothing to it. The worst case scenario; you get a refusal. You are not actually losing anything but at least you'll know. The refusal letter may also contain explanation, if not, ask for a written statement of reasons for explanation. That way you can see for yourself whether they have assessed you correctly.

Good luck.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]