Financial Ombudsman helping with benefits money!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got some GOOD NEWS :D

I just thought i would share with everyone here about my interesting day!

Had an awful day, arguing with Abbey about the rights of appropriation and taking my kids money (child benefit) for punitive charges, thus leaving me with no money to buy my children nappies etc. Anyhow... as per usual with Shabbey i got the usual rubbish reply, 4 weeks to sort out etc. I soon got fed up bashing head against a brick wall talking to them, and letters would do no immediate good.

So i called the financial ombudsman to put in a compaint about rights of appropriation and Abbey not observing mine. I also asked about benefits, and social security act, tax credit act etc and They said, and i quote "the law regarding social security administration act, and tax credit acts still stands (in the UK as well as in Scotland), and are not covered by the OFT test case" therefore you can reclaim your charges from benefits!

They are now writing to Abbey to tell them to refund all of my benefit money taken from bankers charges.

So if any of you have had problems with benefits being taken from your bank account in punitive charges then contact the financial ombudsman!

The law stands, and they will ensure that the bank adheres to it!

HAPPY DAYS :D

The reason i write this is because there is much confusion about benefits and charges! just passing on some good news from the FOS :D

I should charge them interest as well.

Someone else will probably be able to tell you how much interest you could claim.

I once knew a fellow called David Southwell who demanded interest on the money that the government owed him for a benefit that was stopped and then restored. the case went to the House of Lords. He won and it cost the government £20million as they had to pay interest out to millions of people.