Lloyds shut business account for breaching banking code

crugga
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will try and be brief, ive banked with Lloyds since leaving school in 96 and in 2004 set up a small partime online business(ebay) so decided to get a business account as I thought why not I guess just keep stuff seperate, didnt need all the extras but it was 18 months free, went fulltime 2005. Late 2006 I got into a bit of trouble after a bad investment which put me in the red a bit and had a few random dd's returned and stuff then last year was a bit of a struggle as anyone who knows if you get behind on a few things its extremely hard to catch back up. Anyway I get a call off the business manager 1 day basically saying 1 more returned dd and im out, she didnt wanna hear what I had to say and was really on her high horse, 4 days later letter in the post giving me 30 days to leave. I did actually only have £300 charges over 3 years which lets be honest isnt that bad and there were about 6 returned dds or unauthorised od in the whole year. During last year I canceled most dd and started to pay manually to save charges and used my account carefully so not to over run. I also stopped drawing as much into the account and used paypal for pretty much all expenses and to recieve payment. Now was it fair of them to shut my account like this?, I was extremely annoyed as half the time the lack of funds was because of charges also it coincidentally came just after I asked for a list of charges to claim them back. Now last year was a difficult year for me, had family troubles and was just stressed and in all honesty the last thing I needed was banks playing silly beggers but now i'm back on the ball and just wondering, am I in a position to complain about my treatment?, I certainly feel like ive been treated unfairly, especially considering 12 years loyal banking. I probably wasnt making them enough cash by canceling dds and stoping paying in cheques and stuff. Ive since then set up a hsbc basic account for handling dds and writing cheques from and using my lloyds account to live off and by this i'm saving £30 a month and keeping stuff in order.

Thanks btw

I think they are entitled to close the account, however, a complaint to customer services might bring results.

Have you reclaimed any bank charges yet?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I think they are entitled to close the account, however, a complaint to customer services might bring results.

Have you reclaimed any bank charges yet?

Nah thats fair enough I just thought the way they did it was a bit poor. Ive sent a request with list of charges requesting them back, theyve replied as with my personal claim saying they will be in touch within 4 weeks. Would I be right in saying business charges are not on hold?.