Interesting Mackenzie Hall letter Littlewoods

Vampyra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I won't say too much now, but this morning I recieved a letter from this lot claiming I owe someone I have NEVER heard of money. Their client is called just Direct Shop - I have never dealt with anyone called Direct Shop. I will in due course CCA them to find out what this is all about. They claim to have been trying in vein to contact me for ages, tis the first letter I have had and no phone calls either.

Am confused, but will play the game for now til I know what on earth is going on!

It's definitely Direct Shop and not Shop Direct (which would be Littlewoods)?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I won't say too much now, but this morning I recieved a letter from this lot claiming I owe someone I have NEVER heard of money. Their client is called just Direct Shop - I have never dealt with anyone called Direct Shop. I will in due course CCA them to find out what this is all about. They claim to have been trying in vein to contact me for ages, tis the first letter I have had and no phone calls either.

Am confused, but will play the game for now til I know what on earth is going on!

Oh dear...this lot are up to their tricks again.

I personally wouldn't bother with a CCA at this point, but would file and ignore and wait until they have something meaningful to say - which in all likelihood, apart from the odd threatagram, they won't.

If the letters come thick and fast, send them a "prove it" letter.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I would agree with tiglet - why waste a quid on them. Just send a prove it letter instead.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I would agree with tiglet - why waste a quid on them. Just send a prove it letter instead.

Such as this

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

That's the one ODC ;)

Thanks for your replies.

Just to confirm it's not Littlewoods - I don't have a Littlewoods account. And it is Direct Shop.

I am confused and there is no customer account number which I recognise.

Thanks for the letter ODC, will send off and find out what on earth it is about. All debts are accounted for with other stupid bods! ;)

If you get any more letters and phone calls or whatever from this lot one sure fire way of shutting them up is to ask for a copy of their complaints procedure. As consumer credit licence holders they are obliged to have one but they have yet to bother cobbling one together. Failure to resolve a complaint within eight weeks means you can bypass the debt collector and make a complaint directly to the Financial Services Ombudsma. The more people that complain the more money the Ombudsman takes off the debt collectors. (The Ombudsman charges the collectr about £400 just for the investigation what ever the outcome)

Thanks for your replies.

Just to confirm it's not Littlewoods - I don't have a Littlewoods account. And it is Direct Shop.

I am confused and there is no customer account number which I recognise.

Thanks for the letter ODC, will send off and find out what on earth it is about. All debts are accounted for with other stupid bods! ;)

MH being the professional:rolleyes: outfit they are have probably done a mass mail shot to hundreds of people with a similar name to you in the hope that they can Con someone into paying.

I've just read this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/125327-phoenix-recoveries-ltd-r.html

This Pheonix Recoveries is mentioned on the letter which has a Standing Order Manadate on it. This appears to be Littlewoods and I have nothing to do with Littlewoods. However, I did have some clothes from Littlewoods about 8 or 10 years ago and I don't recall ever owing them money.

Now I really am stunned! Well looks like this one is either gonna go poof and disappear or I'll have a huge fight on my hands.

CCA do you think?

Hi Vampyra :)

We had 2 similar letters a couple of weeks ago from MH asking for money from a debt we didn't recognise. I've sent off the above 'prove it' letters and to date...no reply.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Hi Vampyra :)

We had 2 similar letters a couple of weeks ago from MH asking for money from a debt we didn't recognise. I've sent off the above 'prove it' letters and to date...no reply.

You will have a looooooooooooooooooooooong wait for MH to prove anything. They wouldnt know an executed CCA if it bit them on the bum. They make the shower in Leeds look almost professional

Hi ODC, I'm actually looking forward to the post coming every day just incase I get a reply from them or one of the others I've written to. I'm almost disappointed that nothing has arrived yet :D

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10