letter from moorcroft

honey5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi honey,

Just joining in again while I`m having my tea, LOL.

I hope your feeling stronger now, and can sleep properley. There really isn`t anything to worry about. It`s all about gaining control.

What haven`t you deducted £12 from the amount? Them arseholes are cheeky enough to ask for it. You should deduct it AND charge them for each letter YOU send them, they would. Then fling an N1 Form at them when they don`t pay up.

Regarding the phone calls, have you actually spoken to these knob jockeys? If so, your breaking the rules. If they catch you out, don`t even answer a single question, just hang up. I think we had 3 calls in total from different numbers. I blocked each number and NEVER spoke to them once, then they stopped ringing. They WILL give in if you totaly refuse to speak to them. Remember, it`s a game, and they will try and take the lead if you let them. You can be as rude and horrible as you want, after all, these parassites are trying to make your life hell by intimidating you.

Did you send you CCA request Recorded or Special Delivery? If so, you can track the number on the Royal Mail site, if they decide to get a signature.

And yep, fling a Telephone Harrasment Letter at them too, and don`t forget to charge the turd burglars for that too.

Regards

N.P :p

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt speak to them, i just dont normally answer the house phone thru the day as anyone needing me will get me on my mobile and my family wouldnt bother unless it was urgent as they know my shifts,i realised after the pause before the speach and put the phone on the side and left it, then rang 1471, i sent the letter SD so ill take a look in the morning when i get in see whats happening there, only thing is its a P.O box you have to send it too, so will it actually be signed for?

the letters printed waiting to be sent off mon morning re the harrasment :),

your advice and support is most appreciated

thankyou

honey x

ps is this the easy part lol ;)

Hi hun,

I think my letters were signed for. I`m not sure if I used Special Delivery or the bog standard Recorded Delivery which doesn`t get signed for, LOL.

Your Special Delivery should get signed for though. Just report back when it`s signed for then start counting down.

This is the hardest part actually. You`ve now made the decision to challenge these idiots, rather than just hide and worry yourself to death. Just stick with it and you`ll be fine. As long as they know your not a lightweight they can pushover, your sorted!

The easy part will be if they write stating they don`t have a CCA, but can you please pay us anyway. You know the moral arguement. Then you can phone them if you want, and say something like `eat my ****`, Morecrap, LOL.

Ciao for now.

N.P :D

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

hi honey5

just to let you know my mum has debt but due to financial situation can not afford to pay the min payment with advise from ccsa asked them to accept a £1 a month but they passed account to moorcroft. We sent the letter we sent to argos and income details they saw they would not get anything so passed account back to argos. Then i found this site its brill, argos passed account to fredrickson so with advice from cag i cca them for mum and have not heard anything yet there time is up tomorrow.

Some goes with studio but cca moorcroft mum got lovely call from them saying just to let you know passed account back to studio not to worry just see what studio come back with and that is what mum going. She stopped worrying know thanks to everyone at cag

Hi,

This is my first post and am just after some advice please.

I have been paying Moorcroft since July 2005 for an Empire Stores Debt.

I missed my December payment of £20, and received a letter dated 11th January from them saying I had to send the arrears by return of post. I didn't do this as I was hoping to wait and just pay the arrears via standing order along with this month's payment, at the end of the month.

I then received another letter dated 21 January saying this has been passed to their home collections dept - and if I wanted to continue paying to Moorcroft, the arrears of £20 must be received by 10am on 28th January. I phoned them last night and the bloke said I could send a cheque tomorrow, so I agreed to this. I then called again tonight tonight and asked if I could pay it with my pre-pay Maestro card in the morning. The bloke I spoke that payment must be made by 10am tomorrow morning. He then said that as I have defaulted, the agreement of £20 per month no longer exists - and I will have to pay half of my oustanding balance (which after the £20 arrears have been paid will stand at £155.99) on Feb 24th and the remaining half on March 24th.

How can they do this? I am in an IVA and unfortunately Moorcroft caught up with me after the IVA was in place. I was considering phoning the company dealing with my IVA for some guidance, but saw this site and decided to give it a shot.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

If you are in an IVA then you should contact the company concerned. maybe it can be incorporated into the arrangement. Also, if it can be incorporated then Moorcroft will have to take what they are given as no creditor may be prioritised. CCA all your creditors in turn. You may find as I have, that they will confirm after the 12 days that they are unable to obtain an agreement within the prescribed time and put the acccount on hold.... "Until it can be obtained".

You never know...........it could be never!

Hi Honey,

Just wanted to add my support. I joined this site a year ago and was in a worse state than you, but now I know my rights and actually look forward to Moorcroft or any other DCA calling me!!!!

With the help of this site you will get stronger and I actually have people in work coming to ME for advice now!!! (who'da thunk it??)

This site is like my bible and with a little more confidence you will have the upper hand soon too!

• Haha 1

i will do but will i need to go that far :confused:

honey x

Hi again honey,

Do you have your phone service through BT?

The reason I ask is because they have a service where you can block the numbers of callers. It`s called Choose To Refuse. We used it before changing to Tiscali for our service.

When they call, you simply dial into the system and it offers you options including block last callers number. When they rang me, I think they used 3 different numbers. We only had the 3 calls, I NEVER spoke to them as the answer machine kicked in.

Then of course, there is Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service as previously mentioned. I`m sure these people would be very interest of your problems with the knob heads at Morecrap.

We kept getting calls from Capital One for a while, including silent calls when I answered. So, I fired the harassment letter of to their Executive Office, starting with Dear Morons, (I like that word). When I answered a call where there was someone actually there I kept asking what they wanted for 30 mins, he wanted my girlfriend so he wouldn`t tell me. In the end I just to him to `F & # K Off` and do everything in writing. They haven`t rang since.

As for not receiving anything in the post, well I must have waited around 3-4 months, maybe longer, then the clowns wrote saying they didn`t have a CCA, so they passed the account back.

In the meantime, just relax and enjoy the banter on CAG. Remember, they CAN`T do anything without a CCA, however they will STILL try to trick you into thinking they can, it`s all a load of crap.

Regards

N.P ;)

:( i recieved a letter from moorcroft today, theyre scary people :(

re: ARGOS CARD

balance: £987.78

NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

To prevent the above action send payment in full before 07/02/08 or Telephone 0161 475 2812 immediatley.

If you do not respond to this letter we will assume you are purposely avoiding repayment of this debt and will take the necessary steps to secure settlement which may include issuing of legal action against you. Please note if legal action is necessary you debt will increase as follows:

current balance: £987.78

solicitors costs for issue of claim form: £70

court fees for issue of claim form: £70

solicitors costs for entering judgement (by default) £25.00

total debt if judgement is obtained: £1152.78

Please note that as we have had to resort to sending this letter and as per the terms and conditions of your agreement we have added £12.00 to the above balance.

contact us now.

A>J> Martin

Debt Recovery Manager

youll have to excuse me im having problems with my scanner at the moment so have typed out exactly what was said

could anyone tell me what i do next please?

and thankyou all for the support xxx

honey x

:( i recieved a letter from moorcroft today, theyre scary people :(

re: ARGOS CARD

balance: £987.78

NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

To prevent the above action send payment in full before 07/02/08 or Telephone 0161 475 2812 immediatley.

If you do not respond to this letter we will assume you are purposely avoiding repayment of this debt and will take the necessary steps to secure settlement which may include issuing of legal action against you. Please note if legal action is necessary you debt will increase as follows:

current balance: £987.78

solicitors costs for issue of claim form: £70

court fees for issue of claim form: £70

solicitors costs for entering judgement (by default) £25.00

total debt if judgement is obtained: £1152.78

Please note that as we have had to resort to sending this letter and as per the terms and conditions of your agreement we have added £12.00 to the above balance.

contact us now.

A>J> Martin

Debt Recovery Manager

youll have to excuse me im having problems with my scanner at the moment so have typed out exactly what was said

could anyone tell me what i do next please?

and thankyou all for the support xxx

honey x

Easy to say I know but dont let them scare you, I always think of the in terms of the three little pigs, you know: "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down"

Just remember, your house is built of bricks and Moorcroft have as much power as a cartoon wolf!:wink:

Hi honey5,

If you have sent CCA request and they have received it, it is Moorcrofts way of "turning the thumbs screws" and trying to scare you into paying up! If they have not yet defaulted..........and they hav'nt responded to CCA, they could be just having another go before they admit they don't have the agreement. Thats how they worked it with me anyway! If they would not let the request default if they do have an agreement...............So this latest threat could be good news! It's a waiting game!

Hi honey5,

I wasn`t on last night so I missed your postings.

Yeah, like everyone else states, it`s just another automated threatogram. In other words, more crap from Moorcrap.

Have another read of my Argos thread to date, you`ll find they also sent me a letter asking for details or whether I received the credit / goods ordered etc, and what information I will be relying on in Court as they were intending Court action. This was after they received my CCA. As usual, I just blanked in and filed in my folder under `K` for knob heads.

Then months later I received another letter stating they were unable to supply my Credit Agreement and have returned my account back to Argos. Another DCA is trying now, but so far they have the account on HOLD while Argos STILL try to find my CCA.

So, in short, don`t worry, it`s just MORE threats. They can`t do jack without the CCA, but they WILL try to scare you into thinking they can. Ignore it! And see what comes next.

Remember, trust people on here, they know what they are doing, we have all been there, and as time goes on it can still be scary, especially when the Litigation letters start landing. But, hold in there, don`t talk to them, just wait for the next letter, I wouldn`t be surprised if they give in and return the account to Argos.

Argos are one of the worst companies on Earth for keeping their paperwork in order.

If you have requested your CCA, they must provide it, and MUST have one, and it MUST be enforceable for them to do anything.

Hope this has boosted you up a little.

Bye for now, catch you later.

Regards

N.P ;)

Hi again,

Just thought. Don`t forget to charge these irritating idiots £15 for each letter you send to them, why should they be allowed to charge you if your not allowed to charge them.

These knob jockeys turn out 40,000 automated letters a day. Imagine the [problem] they`re running if they stick on £12 for each letter.

Let them know you`ll take THEM to Court to claim it back if they don`t give in.

N.P

• 2 weeks later...

another letter arrived this morning :confused:

11th feb 2008

Dear Mrs H

Re: moorcroft ref ************

client ref: ******************

We write further to your recent letter. At this stage we are currently unable to provide a copy o the agreement as we have been in contact with our client (Argos Card) who have confirmed that to obtain a copy of the agreement under Section 78 of the CCA you must put your request in writing to the following address:-

custome support

home retail group fs

royal avenue

widness

wa88 1al

We are therefore returning the payment submitted in that connection so you can send wtih you request to our client.

yours sincerely

Mrs K Dyde

Operational support supervisor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so do i send off another cca to this new address :confused:

honey x

Excellent.... Moorcroft can't pursue you any more !! :D .... and the account continues to be in dispute, regardless of who may contact you in the future. Whether Argos does or doesn't remains to be seen. They're actually obliged to pass your request on to their "client", but they obviously haven't.

File that letter somewhere safe.... along with your proof of postage for the CCA (rec. delivery receipt).