The real shame of this nation

Guest louis wu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Three convicted of Newlove murder

When the daughter of this man had her letter read on TV today, I felt physically sick.

There are a growing number of people that have no respect for society, and are determined to promote anarchy and the general breakdown of any civilised behaviour. Many more parts of our towns and cities are becoming virtual no-go areas after dark, with gangs either roaming the streets or creating havoc in their own homes, with neighbours afraid to do anything bout it.

The problem is still on a scale where the majority of people are still unaffected by this problem, but it is getting worse, and unless something is done soon, we will all be victims on a regular basis

The police seem to have no powers to stop this, the courts appear to have no sentencing that is any real deterant, and ASBO's simply do not seem to work.

I don't know what the answer is, but I believe having tried the sofetly approach, it is time to increase the punishments before the problems become too tough to reverse.

louis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

louis,

as always you speak a huge amount of sense.

This news article has appalled me today, and as you say this problem doesn't affect most of us, but you can only think "there but for the grace of God, go any of us".

These drunken, loutish,drugged-up tow rags have no respect for anyone or anything, and no sense of the loss they've caused, and see everything as a laugh.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

It's a bloody disgrace. I work in the criminal justice (or injustice) system and I see so many of these lowlifes who commit offence after offence and still retain their liberty. Something needs to be done.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

It's a bloody disgrace. I work in the criminal justice (or injustice) system and I see so many of these lowlifes who commit offence after offence and still retain their liberty. Something needs to be done.

We could start with sorting out the Criminals Protection Society for starters and their policies of not going ahead with so many criminal cases, yet they rarely drop any prosecutions against speeders.

Strange that. Could it be that the Government pays out millions in legal aid for muggers, rapists and murderers to have someone defend them? Whereas the motorist who has been charged with doing 35 in a 30 limit (as indeed I was when the whole line of cars was doing the same speed) has neither the resources nor the inclination to fight it.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Ok, here's first hand experience of how these evil **** affect the lives of ordinary people who just want to get on with life !

I have been a cag user for some time now and havn't been on for a while, due to what has happened to my family, although i look in from time to time. I saw this thread and thought i would share my story with you. Just to say though Brassed off and Mr Lex have been PMing me and have offered loads of support. So thanks for that !!!

On xxx December (just gone) my family were told that my dads life support machine had to be switched off because he was brain dead.

He had been attacked and hit in the head (with what we dont know yet) 36 hours before. The head injury was fatal !!! The circumstances surrounding this (although cant go into it) is very similar to the circumstances to the case refered to by the OP.

5 People involved ranging from 17 yrs to 27 yrs. My dad was 60 years of age, 6 children and 13 grandchildren. One of the people was charged with MURDER and just over a week before xmas was allowed home on bail to spend xmas all nice and cozy with his family. What the hell is that all about??????? They have taken away my dads human rights. They should have theirs taken ! The thought of the **** bag getting on with every day things like eating xmas dinner, going to work, watching the TV, going to the fridge whenever he wants to eat what he wants. To go shopping when he likes ect ect. My dad will never do any of those things again !!!

We still havnt been able to lay my dad to rest and its almost 6 weeks. He is still lay in the coroners mortuary in Liverpool ( i am from cheshire ). Harsh, i know but this is the reality of it all.

My family are completly devastated and heatbroken. How dare they do this!!!! My life will never be the same, as wont his other 6 children and 13 grandchildren.

No written words will ever come across how we as a family have been affected by this.

**** bags like this should never be allowed to have a life again !!! Just as my dad cant :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dobbydog I am so sorry. And so ashamed of being part of a nation that firstly allows such things to happen (they were probably already criminals who had escaped any proper punishment) and secondly that gives them so many rights. It is a disgrace.

It must have been hard for you to talk about this. But thank you. And as you say, what about your Dad's human rights? God help us all.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Guest louis wu

dobby,

I've tried 3 times to reply to your post, and everytime I delete the lot because it looks so inadaquate.

Words are not enough at this time, so I will just offer my sincere sympathies to you and your family.

Guest louis wu
so ashamed of being part of a nation that firstly allows such things to happen (they were probably already criminals who had escaped any proper punishment) and secondly that gives them so many rights. It is a disgrace.

I genuinely believe this is the point that frustrates so many people.

Its like a sick joke when the criminals have more rights than their victims.

I feel for you too Doobydog.

I had to go to a house in the street that Gary Newlove lived in on business last year. I parked my car right next to the underpass that they keep showing on the telly. When I came out of the house a group of teenagers where sitting all over my car even on the roof. The lady in the house told me to just leave them to it they are just looking for trouble and that they would eventually get bored and go away.

Well as a mother of two teenage boys I wasn't prepared to let them do as they pleased. I walked over and just politly said 'Hi there, I'm going now can you get of my car please'. They turned abusive, swearing and one threw a coke can at me. I was challanged to 'make us get off it old woman' So I started pulling them of the car I got the biggest loud mouthed lad pinned him against the car and suprised myself with my choice of language but I thought I'd better speak in a language they would understand. I told him 'you've picked on the wrong f***** old woman you f**** ****!!!!! Now f*** **f and I pushed him away and he fell to the floor. The others started laughing at him and they moved away to let me in the car and I drove off.

I was angry at them for there total disrespect for other people and their property. It was only after what happened to Gary Newlove that I realised the danger I had put myself in by confronting these **** bags. But I'm afraid to say I would do the same again

I have just read your post in total shock. My heart goes out to you and your family.

It is just so unbelivable that things like this can happen. There are no words i can use on here to describe how i feel for the yobs who did this.

I dont understand how people can be raised this way, i hate it if my kids dont say please and thankyou to people.

I hope you dont have to wait too much longer before you can lay your dad to rest. As it must be making everything a million times harder for you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Dobbydog,

I don't quite know what to say,this is terrible,what is happening to our country,decent people are scared to walk the street,while these scumbags take over.

My deepest sympathy's to you and you family.

Oh Dobby, what can say, it is appaling, my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that you get some form of justice, I cant believe the pratt got sent home for Christmas.

Good on you for "having a go" wino, I chased a burglar out of my house in the summer at 3.45am. the little b had the cheek to ring me up twice (he pinched my mobile and found the land line number on my phone) as he was cross I had heard him as he was such a good burglar, I handed the phone to the policeman who was in our house, I rang 999 by mistake and got an instant visit! The police could have easily traced the call but as it was not a mattter of life or death chose not to. I reckon that it will njot be long before groups of citizens form vigalanty groups (sorry about spelling) and take the law into their own hands.

I reckon that it will not be long before groups of citizens form vigilante groups (sorry about spelling) and take the law into their own hands.

Unfortunately, I think this would lead to an increase in "gang" style street fighting and possibly extortion of protection money from ordinary residents from private "police".

Read any newspaper and you will see the current escalation of gun and knife crime and the death and injury this causes each week, the kids arn't frightened of this situation because they have never personally experienced loss and at the moment there is no real deterrent, if they get caught and convicted they get put into a heated cell, get fed 3 times a day and are allowed to watch TV, and if you believe the rumor's drugs are available in prison too... thats probably more than a lot of them get at home so why should they be worried.

I know for sure that drugs are available in Bar-L in Glasgow, my uncle is a prison officer and he says they can't work out how they get hold of the drugs plus the paraphenialia needed to take them but prison officers are almost powerless to take the drugs off the prisoners once they have them. It got to the stage where Bar-L banned kit kats because addicts had a black market selling the foil from the inside to prepare some of their drugs.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Doobydog, None of us know what to say to try and take your pain away but we are all feeling for you.

The whole justice system needs a good kick up the a**e. I know many scumbags who just keep re offending and each time I think thats it they're going down they come out of court laughing! Never mind prisons being over crowded. Throw them 6 or 8 to a cell. If they didn't commit the crimes they wouldn't be in that situation.

We're to soft on these scumbags. Perhaps sharper punishment at the outset might deter future crimes. I've said it before on another thread that we should bring back conscription for the useless work shy youths and the petty criminals. Not to send them to Afghanistan or Iraq but to teach them disipline and respect for others.

Hi Dobby :)

Hope you are coping OK. Glad to see you are back posting and that you have the courage to make your feelings known openly as I feel that CAG can and will give you the strength to see this whole ordeal through to the bitter end.

I am sure that the perpetrators will get their just desserts eventually and that you and your family with finally get justice for what I can only describe as a truly horrendous crime.

Bo x

Ditto,

Welcome back to the theads Dobby. Our harts bleed for you Hun and you know where we are. There is little else I can say execpt we think of you all the time.

Mr & Mrs Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest louis wu

I believe the continuation of this thread will only cause pain to one of the CAG family, and as such, as the OP, will ask a moderator to close this thread.

I am deeply sorry if I have opened old wounds, it was never my intention to cause distress to anyone.

Louis