Threats from the collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all thanks to one and all for the invaluable information and support.

I'm in dispute at the moment with Parking Eye. I have asked three times for proof of their accusation--it's their responsibility to provide it if they are the accuser--of course, as usual with these edit they can't and don't supply the information so I suggested until they can, please cease correspondence.

On the 11th Jan. I get a threatener from ccs collect. The letter is dated 28th December2007 , that just happens to be 14 days!! so these edit can add a premium for late reply or whatever they can think of while sitting on the toilet (I've kept that clean). Keep the envelope for proof of postage and don't let them upset you, they cannot legally make any demands until they have been granted a county court judgment, if it gets as far as a summons (very unlikely) make the edit an offer in writing for a very small amount per month and make a payment with the offer, you are then honoring your debt.

Next time someone parks outside your house slap a £70 'fine' on them and see what they say! it's much the same thing that these edit are doing and they only have as much power to enforce it as we have.

Good luck to all of us!!.

Good on you Grumpy,

the only thing I would add is that people should not stop even when they get a summons. Do a bit of homework, submit a good defence and 9 times out of 10 the [problematic] don't turn up anyway.

Don't forget to apply for costs.