• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

OFT test case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we can say this is the present.:D

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

The future!......(due out in Autumn 2007)...

Barclaycard OnePulse - Card Details

Surely, that's the past? :razz:
Have NEVER personally seen one, hence the inclusion of the Wikipedia referenced date!...:p

Well at least we can say this is the present.:D
1st November 2007 had shed loads MORE than 24rs!...;):p

...:D

:D

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

:D no it was a more of a Star Ttrek Janeway type thing.

pmslrofl @ MT

Just remember the current test case is only looking at the preliminary issues. it certainly won't be looking at the actual costs of the charges. Therefore even if the judge finds for the OFT they will be no automatic payout. In fact it just puts us all bac where we were ie. you will have to claim and go through the county court. There will more than likely be an appeal which will drag on for months and then they may need a further case to look at the actual rate of charges. It would be years before they are in a position to do a mass refund, and I believe this will never happen. Any refunds will have to be asked for. In the meanwhile whilst all this legal to-ing and fro-ing goes on the banks will increase interest rates and make money in other ways. Looks like another big delaying tatic by the banks and if I was into conspiratory theorys I would say the OFT and banks have conspired to give them plenty of time to cushion the loss and will eventually thrash out a charge figure acceptable to them both. Don't forget the stays gave them 12 months of charges that can't be claimed back till after the test case,£22billion(or whatever the figure is) makes alot of interest/money for them in 12 months(or longer possibly).

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

:) Free publicity if the OFT wins Dave

A flagrant attempt at increasing your post count for no real benefit - or am i being cynical?

Charge him. £70. If he doesn't pay up £20 additional charges every month with 40% interest added. He better take out a PPI just in case he gets sacked from his self employed job. Please be advised criminal you will get 15 calls a day if you dont pay up within 30 seconds.

A lot more resonable terms than The Funding Corporation.:D

Does a post count mean anything these days? Or can we have an Al Gore recount?

Where is the figure of 22 million pounds coming from?

is that the estimated 4.3 billion times by statute of limitations? My schoolteacher would be distraught that I made it only 22 million!

Hi,

My bank deliberately engineers an overdraft by delaying the processing of payments into my account,and has done for many years, and then they whack on charges how UNFAIR is this.

Please review threads in consumer reviews.

In the past i stopped short of going to the fsa or fos through embarassment and lack of time.

I contacted a service to reclaim but like everyone else thats now on hold.

Anyone able to help?

Hi,

My bank deliberately engineers an overdraft by delaying the processing of payments into my account and applies charges,and has done for many years,how UNFAIR is this.

Please review threads in consumer reviews.

In the past i stopped short of going to the fsa or fos through embarassment and lack of time.

Anyone able to help?

How about bank shares?

Son of Shoestring spoke of £22 billion being returned to account holders. Whatever the figure, where will the money end up? Apart from those who’ll keep theirs in a tin box under the bed, we can either save it or spend it.

If we save it, we’ll put it in a deposit account – in a bank.

If we spend it, the recipients will put it – in a bank.

Els

The logic of your argument is flawless. This why I sometimes argue that it is not your money at all but actually belongs to the banks, who allow you limited access to ensure it keeps moving around.

I also argue, quite strongly, that their is a hidden purpose behind the foisting of the DD system on us all by default. This is because it was decided years ago that all money would become electronic. G7 governments favour this, I believe, as it will immediately restrict the earning of "black money" and that, as a result, government revenues will increase almost overnight. Business likes it because it reduces their costs and increases the the myriad ways in which they can engineer additional profit streams (as we al know to our cost). The security services love it as they will be easily able to track all money movements without the least hassle.

The ONLY loser is the individual. As always. Artfully robbed at every turn with the added loss of independence.

Not a pleasant formulae...

IT used to cause me imense trouble when my ex was ordered in court to pay me meintenence for the kids and it used to be taken out of his account and then took 5 days to arrive at mine too late for the council tax DD....I used to ask who had the money in those 5 days and who got the interest on it? certainly my ex didnt and neither did I - they never told me the answer to that - but I ALWAYS got a charge on the DD being returned - and the council always got snotty over it........

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

I agree SoS:)

Most may recall that once upon a time the banks where required, by the banking code, to notify customers, in writing, each & every time they refused to honour a cheque or DD.

This provision was quietly dropped from their T's & C's because banks knew that when they agreed to provide basic accounts for those on low fixed incomes & benefits there would be a huge increase in the number of defaults experienced by those same customers.:wink:

Removing the need to notify customers of their default was beneficial to the bank in a number of ways.:roll:

1st the bank saved considerably on stationary & postage.

2nd It allowed the bank to conceal from the customer for an often lengthy period, or until they visited the hole in the wall, that their account was in deficit thereby racking up even more charges.

3rd last but not least it permits the bank to allow, as in the case of Abbey, the same DD to be submitted 3 times in one day thereby chalking up 3 sets of charges amounting to 3 x £35 = £105! & that doesn't include the increased unauthorised interest:eek: :mad:

Is it any wonder consumers are rebelling & that many low income families are in dire straights & unable to provide even basic items for their well being.

I envisage it returning to what I thought was a long gone age when desperate families placed their kids in care because they could no longer provide decent meals or warm clothing

God forgive the money lenders & this government who are allowing this to happen

God forgive the money lenders & this government who are allowing this to happen

A few weeks ago during Prime ministers questions, the libdems asked Gordon Brown if he was aware that 27,000 home repossessions were granted during 2007 and that the number was expected to double during 2008.

His answer was Quote We have to keep the economy on track Unquote

I take that to mean "Not my problem".

you can take it to mean that the son of a man of the cloth realised that the cloth meant fraud and steal from the poor how on earth can this son of a vicar say he works for the people when at every turn he is blind,,,i could go on but it angers me that when miners in kirkcaldy lost their jobs and lives in the pits his papa was preaching how sorry he was but at the same time his son had new shoes whenever he wanted had extra lessons in the evenings whilst we scuppered around in the middle of winter with jeely shoes....so how can you trust a person who has lived a lie from birth

A guy buys a football ticket and leaves it on the living room table. His friend picks the ticket up and uses the ticket at the game.

The ticket is then returned in the exact same place.

Weather or not the purchaser intended to use the ticket his friend stole the value of the ticket.

There for the purchaser has an ally of complaint under the theft act.

A bank agrees on a direct debit transfer.

The payment is made then returned.

The bank charges you for returning the direct debit.

The ability to use your account in credit has in effect been levied from you.

An ally of complaint under the theft act?

As well as repossessions, there is a growing trend for people who can't afford to keep up their mortgages to sell their homes to companies that will then rent them back to them. Apparently this is keeping figures of people with difficulty affording their homes artificially low, as they just show up as sales in the statistics.

You can guarantee that these people will all have been victims of the banks penalty charges.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks