Funhat vs Barclays CRA Information

Holdred
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once your square it will disapear ne-way? if it has not defaulted yet, when you catch up with your payments it will update. you may have to prompt them to update.

At worst you will be left with late payment markers or number of payments missed for the months you where behind, the less of them the better. thats the way to clean up your file.

And, if on the off chance you informed them of your inability to pay before it happened, maby they will change the late markers.

If not use the s10 AS SOON as you have finished paying off, consent to publish data has ceased due to the contract ending because there was no mention of data retention in the T&C's, and the late payment markers are pushing the interest rates up on new loans.

:!:

That's exactly the situation. My current account with Barclays never had any performance indicators with any of the CRA's before I needed to agree to a repayment plan, then all of a sudden my file was updated with Arrangement to Pay markers. The overdraft has now been cleared and they've been instructed to close the account, and with that, I included the s10 notice.

I can't recall ever being informed that this would happen, that's what I'm going to challenge this over. It's only 5 markers, but five too many when you're attemping to clean your record!

You will have agreed to them doing it, it will be in the T&C's. If your file only shows the bad bits of your contarct, that would not be ideal!

I would ask them what will replace the "markers" now the account is closing. It could get complicated tho, as if you agreed to pay an amount then, in theory if you nevver missed one it should be replaced with a good marker?

Se what they say to the s10.

I had the account for 18+ months and none of the previous conduct was reported, only the AP markers and a final satisfactory one when the balance was paid off.

Needless to say, I don't think this is a fair reflection. If it was, they should have reported each month whether it was satisfactory or not. They shouldn't just be able to pick and choose as they see fit.

It seems off to me!

Se what they say to the s10, it seems unfair to me that they can only publish the "bad" bits. It would seem to me that this is NOT a true refletion of the account history.

While you wait for reply for the s10, double check that the entries on your file are correct in every way, if there not then this might ad weight to your argument.

Give the Information Commissioners Office a call and ask there views on the "pick and choose" processing.

Well Barclays signed for the documents yesterday, it was sent to their head office so no doubt the various parts are filtering through to the correct people as we speak.

They seem to just want to do it when it suits them, they haven't updated account conduct since November.

Not heard a squeak from Barclays. I'm expecting a letter acknowledging my complaint with at least the reference number, which should have been provided within 5 working days meaning something should have been with me yesterday.

Interestingly enough, for the first time in three months, Barclays decided to update their entries on Equifax with satisfactory markers for Nov, Dec and Jan, so it's either been a quarterly update or someones cage is being rattled.

In all honestly I'm hoping the complaint acknowledgement is late, it gives me more ammunition against them if they're breaking the banking code of conduct :D

Finally Barclays have gotten in contact. They've managed to skip over everything in the letter except my request to close it. They've sent me a letter claiming they need my signature to confirm cards/cheque books have either been destroyed or returned. If they had bothered to look too much into the account they'd realise they have already.

No refund of the 3p interest that I am overdrawn by, no mention of the Data Protection notice, but they have cheekily finally updated the account performance for the last three months with Equifax.