virgin media for a change!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all happy new year

can anyone tell me if virgin media has any policies for disruption of services.

on the 8th of august 2007 i made my first of many very expensive phone calls reguarding my internet not working. i requested a reduction in my bill due to lack of service and was told that as the fault is on their side that i would get a full refund when the fault is fixed.

several engineers the last one left 10 mins ago still no refund. i have quered this and told them that i would not pay for my broadband service as i was not receiving it and was told that i would be charged £10 per late payment of which i have been. but i have been given a new remote for my box

i know that i should have sacked them by now but i wont get any refund at all if i do that and at £18 per month i want my money back anyone got any ideas

put it in writing.

Note down from the first date you had probelms and specifically ask for a refund of charges from that date until the problem was resolved.

Also requested credit for the late payment charges as this was due to the lack of service.

Also send a copy of you phone bill highlighting all the calls you have made and ask for a credit for these as well.

And if you want also ask for a a couple of months credit to cover the lack of service you have received. You may not get it but deffinatley won't if you don't ask.

Also if you want this 'refunded' ask for the refund.

And send recorded ;)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry 4 long delay (internet probs!) rang Virgin got silly supervisor who told me to go elsewhere i asked him if that was Virgin policy he replied it would be a very boring world if all companies where the same. rang again got through to 'if you are thinking of leaving us' dept sheffield. reported silly man explained situation to very nice lady got refund £50 credit and big discount on my package of £16 per month. recieved email from Virgin apology for silly mans comments. still having probs with connection i am going to put a claim in every month until they fix it as i only agreed to accept Virgin offer up until date of phone call. now its a matter of who gets fed up first!

Send an email to the CEO's office - it worked for me.

The acting CEO is Neil Berkett. I have found his office very helpful and got a response within 24 hours.

pm me if you want his email, i won't post it willynilly.

Good luck.