Bank of Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've recently just registered with the site so am still reading through the various forums.

I have a current account with Bank of Ireland with an overdraft, I've since moved my account to Nationwide but am still paying off my overdraft with Bank of Ireland. I pay £50 a month in charges for the privilege so as quick as I'm paying it off more interest and charges are accumulating.

I'd love to hear from anyone else dealing with Bank of Ireland so far I haven't found anything on the forums to do with this bank.

jmccaff

No BOI operate from the North too....check my listing I'm after the Northern Bank

They also have branches in England; however I doubt they have an "Address for Service" here in the UK. I worked at their head office in Cabinteely and was rolling out to all of their offices worldwide; I have no memory of a head office or corporate office anywhere but Dublin.

Try

1 Donegall Square South Belfast BT15LR

Or telephone them on 02890 433000 and ask for their Customer Relations. I have just spoken to them and the address is their Head office in Northern Ireland as told by BOI.

I would have thought they must have a service address in the North(UK), as the Banking Law Differs from the South of Ireland(ROI), not to mention currency.

Understand unlike you I have never worked for them, so could be very wrong, but I have accounts in both the North and South (€ and £).

The BOI in the North must be registered as a company to trade in the North i am led to believe.

Hope this helps...let me know.

Bank of Ireland details

Company details etc... sorry posted on wrong thread.....very clever.

Check my thread Northern Bank 25k+ of charges all details on that thread if irrelevent to it!

The BOI is registered at Companies House in Belfast, 2 Companies registered Address's on BOI UK Holdings at Donegall sq sth, the other BOI Business located at central ave in Bangor(Co Down).

I'm pretty sure this makes them subject to Northern Irish which is UK. not ROI.

A common mistake, Ireland is just Ireland to the English!! Sorry not having a pop..

Why don't you start posting this in "Other Institutions"?

Many more people look at it there and you will get more support

I'm pretty sure this makes them subject to Northern Irish which is UK. not ROI.

A common mistake, Ireland is just Ireland to the English!! Sorry not having a pop..

Dude.

One: I make the distinction very clearly in my posts between Ireland and UK. Don't tar me with some imaginary anti-brit brush.

Two: If the Original Poster is in Ireland, then he is dealt with under Irish Law. Full stop, end of. If the original poster is in UK, he is dealt with under UK Law. If he is in Northern Ireland there are some changes to the basic UK law and he will be dealt with under NI law.

Three: there is no three.

Why don't you start posting this in "Other Institutions"?

Many more people look at it there and you will get more support

I have posted the details on my own thread which should confuse since I am dealing with the Northern Bank, it is filed under other institutions, so hopefully people will be able to find it.

Thread is call Northern Bank 25k plus of bank charges.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks