BoxingClever V Natwest

BoxingClever
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am just gearing myself up to send off letters - 3 in total (£90, £120 and £70) two for shich are with Natewest. I have a graduate account with £2000 overdraft and a c/c with a £1100 limit that I am within, but I am worried that if I try and get charges back they might try and close my accounts and demand payment, as there is NO WAY I can find that amount of money. I also know that I wil not be able to get a loan anywhere as my credit rating is low:(.

if they do this and I cant pay would I get a CCJ? Cos I am already paying money to my credit cards to clear that debt(around £300 a month) and want to clear them 1st before anything else.

Guest Lueeze

They could do this, its unlikely, but its your call. If they asked for the OD back and you didnt pay within the set time, they *could* Default you. A CCJ only happens if you end up in court....

I would very much doubt they would touch your credit card though, as thats separate!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just printed off my letters and they ar ein the mail 1st thing tomorrow! Claiming £70 for Bank account and £90 for Credit Card Overlimit Fees. Really nervous as it now looks like lots of people arent getting their monry back!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a look throught he site(but due to lunch hour restrictions cant look tooo thoroughly). All very VERY helpful and greatly appreciated.

But I just wanted to know if legally they HAVE to refund the charges? All my claims will be for under £150(3 in total) I have read that more and more people are being told to naff off, and given 'token' refund jestures. My gripe is that one of my claims is only £70, and i dont want to have to pay(and lose) money to take it further as a small claim(im in scotland).

Do they get more scared when you send the 2nd letter (i think there was one about reporting them to the OFT?)

And how much do they get charged when tey are reported? I am just starting to feel like its never going to work.

Look at the top of the forum screen and you'll see "Bank Charges Survey Results". A SMALL NUMBER of the people who successfully use this site fill in the survey, and that's the results from people who have/have not got paid back. There is nobody that I am aware of, who has followed the process in this website, who has not been paid out in full BEFORE their day in court.

The Banks simply don't want to defend themselves because they will have to release information which will expose them as lawbreaking moneygrabbers.

So, until they DO defend themselves in court, YES. They really do HAVE to pay you back.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the standard reply from the not so talented Mr Higley!

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your letter of 22 une 2006 and I appologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to yoru account.

We believe that out chareges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff which we are satisfied complies with all applicable laws an regualtions. We are also commited to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about teh operation of our products.

We have considered the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006 and do not accept its findings in relation to the settling of credit card fees. We are cincerned that the Office of Fair Trading had publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The office of Fair trading had restricted its investigation to cradit cards and made no attempt to consult the RBS Group or the industry in relation to other entirely different products. Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views you have expressed and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

Having reviewed your account, I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they were not properly due. They have all been associated with a lack of covering funds in teh account at the tine items were presented for payment. Accordingly, the charges that have been applied to your account must stand.

I am disappointed to note that you are contemplating legal action against the bank. Whilst I hope you will feel able to reconsider, should you decide to go ahead, please ensure that any proceedings are served on our registered office address, which appears at teh foot of this letter.

I suspect that this is unlikely to be the answer you might have hoped to receive but nonetheless thank you for takingthe time and trouble to contact us.

Yours Sincerely

Stuart Higley

It was only for £70!

What I dont get is that some people are getting offered refunds of MORE than they were trying to claim?!! Eh?

So going to send letter #2 tomorrow!! Not heard from them regarding my Credit card except that they have passed it on to the relevant dept. How long should I give them to reply now?

I'm not holding out much hope now!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks