Do I inform DVLA

make them aktiv runners
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am aware (and can prove) driving license should be removed.

Question is, do I?

I guess it depends on what grounds it can be removed. Is this an issue of social conscience or are you just really mad at them and want to get back at them?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I discreet phone call to the police at the time my be more appropriate.

Although it would be more safer for the driver, any passengers, other motorists, or pedestrians, if he/she could be dissuaded from attempting to drive whilst it is suspected to be OVER the Drink Drive legal limit in the 1st place?!...;)

...:)

Well I'm not sure but I think with drink driving they need to actually have a breath test (and blood sample/urine sample if you are close to the limit). After the fact I don't think is workable.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Unfortunately, lives too near for police to arrive in time.

Did not drink drive when we were together, it was the perfect excuse not to work (I had a conscious to others)!

Will not attend doctors as knows DVLA will be informed. Claims not to have a problem most of the time (can control it, erm 20 years experience says not).

As if things cnnot be worse, works on HGV's! Oh, and the license was granted a month before a decree nisi was signed stating "drink problem"

...After the fact I don't think is workable.
Alcohol content in a persons blood CAN be worked backwards etc.

...But it is a proceedure that would normally ONLY be done in the most severe of cases...i.e. Death, hit + run etc.

It is also fraught with difficulties if variables, such as amount of consumption or time of last known drink etc are unknown.

In any case, after a day, a normal persons body has dealt with the amount of alcohol that a reasonable person could safely handle anyway!

Then best get on with it I would think. Sounds as if he is a danger to himself and everyone else.

The DVLA can force hospital appointments where the liver is assessed for long-term damage. There are also, physcharist reports, doctors notes, childs counselling as concrete evidence as well as what would be classed as hearsay.

The only problem is, apart from a general email address, the forms available only account for self or doctor reporting.

It's been a few years since I had to fill in in all the forms etc + attend a medical for L.G.V + also P.C.V. etc, so I can't exactly remember what conditions etc are notifiable immediately to DVLA.

The forms are probably all different now.

My next medical isn't due for another few years either, so I could say with any certainty that what U have said is right or wrong MTAR

...Sorry, I SHOULD know really, but I haven't driven such vehicles on a public highway for several years now!...:(

TBH, I am not sure what is automatically sent, thought this form looks as if it is:

If you are applying for or currently hold a car or motorcycle licence (group one) : Directgov - Motoring

Sorry, have to scroll down to Alcohol & drugs to download the questionaire.

Hey Aktiv

I'll respond to this on our other thread.

;)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Employers of drivers must be sure that their drivers are not operating vehicles under the influence of drink or drugs. Do you think he is under the influence whilst at work. A call to his bosses might do the trick. I know someone this happened to. His wife reported him to his company. They breatherlised him and he was just over the limit. He couldn't be prosecuted for being over as it was his employers checking not the police.

Anyway long story short, the company got him the help to control his drinking. He has still got a job and his marriage is still intact.

Employers of drivers must be sure that their drivers are not operating vehicles under the influence of drink or drugs.

Unfortunately, employers do not notice those who are sent out for 5 days and nights before returning. Guess who is in that catergory?

Do you think he is under the influence whilst at work.

Knowing his history and the fact he previously gave up a previous similar job because "too lonely" then yes (unlikely to be every day though unless he is in a really bad phase). Also, one employer did discover him and tried keeping him in line, the result being he left and went elsewhere.

A call to his bosses might do the trick.

It may. Unfortunately the employer is the key piece of information I do not have.

Thanks though.

If you wish to make a disclosure to the DVLA in these circumstances, it is purely a matter of concience.

If you decide to go ahead and make a disclosure, do not complete any of the medical forms.

What you need to do is write a letter or email to DVLA (email address eftd@dvla.gsi.gov.uk) providing details of the driver (name, address, DOB, driver number (if known)) and explaining briefly why you feel they may be unfit to drive. DVLA will then serve the statutory questionairre on the driver.

HTH

Davjoh

• Haha 1

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!

Good point - how do they know that what he is saying is true?

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• 5 weeks later...

It is not a case of the driver just saying they are fine.

The statutory questionairre is made of several parts - you have to disclose details of when you last saw your doctor, any treatments you receive etc. and you have to provide consent for DVLA to communicate with your doctor.

If you refuse, your license is revoked.

If you make a false declaration, it would be picked up in communication with your doctor and you would face a medical revocation for failure to co-operate, as well as prosecution.

Generally speaking, the Courts impose custodials for false medical declarations to DVLA.

Davjoh

Here to help!

Good with employment, disability and welfare/benefit questions :rolleyes:

Just ask!