Timmrichards v A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all

I've been reading up on all of this, in the last two months due partly to my employer paying my bonus late A&L have charged me £778 in unauthorised overdraft and default Direct Debit Payments. I've sent them a letter saying that I believe their charges to be punitive and stating that my wages currently pay for 4 people, myself, my wife and two young daughters and the amount of money they've charged me will cause a cycle of debt, which is true I've paid them half a months wages after tax in charges. I have called them on three seperate occasions notifying them that I'm in difficulty and could they increase my overdraft by a small amount to avoid these charges, each time I have had the response "no" I do not fall into their correct credit-scoring system or some such rot.

I've asked in the letter that they respond in seven days and am yet to receive any response, the letter was posted at the beginning of last week. Can someone talk me through what to do now? Also is the fact that I have gone to them to discuss the issues and they have refused to help going to be in my favour?

Forgot to add that I bank online so don't receive statements from them, can they still charge me for sending out statements or can I argue that I should be able to access all of my statements online? (even though they only allow me to see 10 months worth)

Several things jump to mind while reading your post:

First, welcome to the forum, you are definitely on friendly ground here.

Second, it's a shame you had to try throwing yourself on A&L's mercy - they don't have any!

Third, how long have you been with them, cos I bank online too but still get statements through the door. However, they have several tiers of current account, so maybe we differ on this.

Fourth, are you just wanting to claim for these past few months? You are entitled to claim for the last 6 years you know.

Now to get down to brass tacks, you ask someone to talk you through what to do next.

I think your best bet would be to read the FAQ's and some of the earlier threads, especially those who have been successful in their claims - reading round you'll see who they are.

Once you've decided how you want to proceed, if you're still unsure where to start, then by all means post again.