BPM Ground Services / Credit Resource Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all. Will use Barnsleys advice and write again. Will let you know what these pests come up with next. and a happy new year to all !

PP just remember that this is a long haul. Thick skins and brass necks are prerequisites for working for a debt collection agency. They will probably ignore any correspondence you send to them anyway, with the exception of enclosed cheques. The letter trail is there for you just in case CRS are daft enough to issue proceedings. I'd send the letter. You've then done your bit. Any further rubbish you receive from them, short of an actual summons you can cheerfully ignore.

I also received letters from Credit Resources Solutions.

I didn't receive the initial fines from BPM Ground Services, yet DVLA freely gave up my details.

BPM are now being administrated by PKF UK http://www.pkf.co.uk/. Hence CRS is working on behalf of PKF. I suggest that you copy any letters (complaints about harrassment) to the Administrators at PKF.

Also if you want to avoid paying the extortionate 0870 number prices, you can call the MD Andrew Calvert on 01422 431 027. This number is available on the Credit Services Associations' website:

http://www.csa-uk.com/csa/members-list.php...ource+solutions

I'm sure he will be only too happy to investigate your complaints

I also received letters from Credit Resources Solutions.

I didn't receive the initial fines from BPM Ground Services, yet DVLA freely gave up my details.

BPM are now being administrated by PKF UK http://www.pkf.co.uk/. Hence CRS is working on behalf of PKF. I suggest that you copy any letters (complaints about harrassment) to the Administrators at PKF.

Also if you want to avoid paying the extortionate 0870 number prices, you can call the MD Andrew Calvert on 01422 431 027. This number is available on the Credit Services Associations' website:

http://www.csa-uk.com/csa/members-list.php...ource+solutions

I'm sure he will be only too happy to investigate your complaints

Are you sure this is the case?

CRS state on their website that they purchase debt. It may be that the liquidator [PKF] has simply sold on the "debts" and has now washed its hands.

Hello to all, having looked through the site I think it is fantastic and very informative and supportive.

I have found this site after receiving a demand for £100 for a BPM / CRS debt I know nothing about. I have absolutly no intention of paying the debt to companies I didn't even know existed. I note many similar stories from other forum users, has anyone ever been taken to court regarding these debt's, or has anyone ignored them long enough to make them go away??? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the latest... As of 10th December, PKF UK have deemed the BPM debts "not worth the hassle to collect". Chris Dannatt at Credit Resource negotiated the purchase of the debt.

You can contact him on Chrisd@creditresourcesolutions.co.uk.

I am on my third letter from these guys and have just ignored the two previous ones.

starting to get a bit worried though and was thinking of writing to them. Whereabouts did you get this guys email from and is it a real one for them? or just the one where "all" the queries go?

please reply because im a bit stuck with this to be honest.

thank you in advance :)

I am on my third letter from these guys and have just ignored the two previous ones.

starting to get a bit worried though and was thinking of writing to them. Whereabouts did you get this guys email from and is it a real one for them? or just the one where "all" the queries go?

please reply because im a bit stuck with this to be honest.

thank you in advance :)

Are CRS still pretending to be acting on behalf of BPM, or have they admitted to having bought the debt - could do with some more details - could you scan in the letters? [minus personal details].

On the assumption that they are still pretending to act on behalf of BPM then Bernie's template letter would be applicable - cut & pasted below:

Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

This alleged debt is in dispute. I have written to your principal on a number of occasions and they have failed to substantiate their claim.

In the circumstances please refer this matter back to your client.

Any further correspondence from you in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

Yours faithfully

I am having the same problem execpt I did get a parking ticket from BPM, but it was voided by BPM because I disputed the ticket. There were spelling mistakes and the times were wrong on the ticket.

Stupidly I did not keep the letter as I received the ticket over a year ago.

Now CRS are saying we owe the money to them as BMP have gone into administration

I have had three letters in total first £75 then £100 then £205+ interest at 8%

The CAB told me to send a letter back stating that I do not owe them or their predecessor’s any money and I look forward to receiving any documentation that they have, which I have done.

They have just sent me a forth letter today with a photocopying of the origional ticket, demanding immediate payment.

How can I prove that the ticket was voided and is it up to me to prove this?

I am getting worried now plus a little cross

I would say that you are in the same position as others here. Tell CRS that you have no knowledge of any such debt and in the absence of proof to the contrary you will not entertain any further correspondence on the subject. This avoids the need to get into a debate over BPM's non-cancellation of the ticket, which would indicate that some sort of relationship exists.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Instead of sending CRS a letter i thought it would be better if i spoke to them on the phone. So, I rung CRS and after 15 minutes debating i agreed reluctantly to pay the £25 for the proof and copy of the ticket.They faxed a copy over to me and to my amazement after several hours of digging through paperwork i came across an outstanding issued by BPM. I then checked the bank account to see if i had paid the ticket when it was first issued and unfortunately for me i hadn't paid it. When i phoned CRS and explained i had found the unpaid ticket they were very understanding (surprisingly!!) and even offered to reduce the debt by £20suggestion maybe if you do owe the money and are wanting to pay you ask for a reduction in the price Glad it didnt go to court! any problems I'm happy to help:)

Good Lord! You paid £25 for them to provide proof? :eek:

Although I am sure that your willingness to part with money is very honourable, sadly it just perpetuates the [causing problems] tactics by which PPCs unlawfully increase their revenue.

Post #32 suggests that CRS will not be going out of their way to pursue these 'tickets', so why even consider paying (unless one couldn't sleep at night from a moral standpoint)?

Glad it didnt go to court!

I can't see that it ever would, not least because any alleged contract would have been with BPM and they would find it difficult to sue when they don't exist any longer.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

There is no way that you should have to pay to see the copy of the ticket - which in all probability wasn't valid anyway.

People paying these charges is what allows the [problem] to continue.

The most that the Data Protection Act allows for accessing personal data that anyone holds on you is £10.

Bearing in mind that the onus of proof is on the plaintiff they should be providing the information to you free of charge to back up their claim. Should it have come to court they would have had to substantiate their claim and you would have been entitled to see all these documents. Faced with this "proof" you could have then settled out of court.

In my view you should be asking for your money back and not paying the ticket either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem is that as far as I'm concerned the ticket was voided by BPM. So I don't see why I should have to pay for a ticket that was voided almost a year ago. The lesson learned obviously is not to throw away these sort of letters.

I am still not going to pay, as far as I'm concerned they need to prove that the ticket wasn't voided, surely these thing are kept on record and BPM have a record of this somewhere.

I am prepared to go to court and fight my corner if needed, although I don't think it will get that far.

I have contacted Watchdog, although I don't know if they'll be interested.

Anyone had any further letters?

I am not sure if I should sent a letter asking them to look more deeply into BPM old files to find their old letter to me voiding the ticket.

Cuppacat,

did you do what sidewinder advised in post #37? To quote:

I would say that you are in the same position as others here. Tell CRS that you have no knowledge of any such debt and in the absence of proof to the contrary you will not entertain any further correspondence on the subject. This avoids the need to get into a debate over BPM's non-cancellation of the ticket, which would indicate that some sort of relationship exists.

MIke

Mike

To be honest I haven't had time to write and not sure now if I can be bothered to waste any more of my time with them.

Although what Sidewinder says does make sense. I think now I'm just going to ignore them and wait and see what happens next.

The CAB told me when I rung them last week, that they are not likely to do any more than write scary letters and he also said he would be very surprised if they too it to court.

Apparently when they buy these debts they only pay something like

5-10% of the actual debt, in the hope of making a very good return.

It is all scare tactic's.

I would strongly recommend that nobody pay's them anything at all

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I also received correspondence from CRS re;unpaid parking fine to BPM. Ive chosen the ignorance route and managed to avoid their many phone calls and threatening voice messages,until yesterday when i was caught off guard. The lady wanted to know if i was ready to settle my debt,to which i replied No,as i had no recollection of any unpaid fine. She said it was from March 7th 2007 but had no further details and would call back. Today I received another letter threatening a home visit,and another message telling me to ring for full details of the offence. Thing is,i may well have incurred the fine,but im almost certain i would have paid straight away. However i have no proof,should i pay for peace of mind?

However i have no proof,should i pay for peace of mind?

Definitely not!

Why should you have to prove that you don't owe the money? If I tell you now that you agreed to pay me £150 about a year ago, will you pay me for peace of mind? Thought not.

Ignore this altogether and if you get caught on the phone again, very calmly tell them that you have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and suggest that if they wish to discuss the matter further you will only do so once they have provided proof that a) Your car was in their car park on that date and b) that you were driving it. In the absence of this you regret that you cannot assist them as you are most certainly not in the habit of paying somebody money just because they tell you that you owe it!

It is also worth pointing out that in future you require any communication to be in writing and that you will document and record all future telephone calls with the intention of reporting their actions as being in breach of the Telecommunications Act and the Protection from Harassment Act.

DONATE HERE

Bigcorm,

Just to reinforce Sidewinders advice - DO NOT PAY!

If you read through through this thread you will appreciate that this is a [problem]. You have not received a "fine" but rather merely an unsolicited invoice which is to all intents and purposes unenforceable. CRS have bought the "debts" of BPM from the liquidator. They are doing what debt collection agencies do - trying to make a quick buck - don't be one of their marks.

Peace of mind is to be had by standing up to these spivs, not by giving in.

I am starting to wish I had just ignored these two hats. Once I entered into communication they are phoning and writing at least once a week. They have yet to prove to me that it was my car that was in the car park and that it was me who parked it there. They have sent me a doctored ticket 4 times in the post. Threatened court action within the next 7 days for the past 6 weeks and sent two letters threatening a door stop call to arrange collection. I have told them that I will not be paying a penny and that I want them to take me to court and still nothing. Lying, cheating scumbags. Don't pay these crooks a penny! Should someone attempt a home visit am I within my rights to remove them from my property interpreting their actions as threatening?