Lost a month on road tax!

MATTYFEZ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there peeps,

I have a bit of a query that hopefully should be a simple one....

Famous last words :rolleyes:

One of my cars has been SORN for a few months due to some MOT work I had to carry out.

It is now MOT'd so I taxed it online on the 27th Nov, and have date-marked email and DVLA confirmation printouts.

Now I have recived my tax disc, and the issue date on the tax disc is 27/11/07 and it expires on 31/10/08 :-x

So ive paid for 12 months, and ended up with 11 months tax.

Can I get this extended, or do I need to persue a partial re-fund?

I know its not much monies-worth, but with the high cost of motoring, Ill be a monkeys uncle if im going to let this slide.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi there peeps,

I have a bit of a query that hopefully should be a simple one....

Famous last words :rolleyes:

One of my cars has been SORN for a few months due to some MOT work I had to carry out.

It is now MOT'd so I taxed it online on the 27th Nov, and have date-marked email and DVLA confirmation printouts.

Now I have recived my tax disc, and the issue date on the tax disc is 27/11/07 and it expires on 31/10/08 :-x

So ive paid for 12 months, and ended up with 11 months tax.

Can I get this extended, or do I need to persue a partial re-fund?

I know its not much monies-worth, but with the high cost of motoring, Ill be a monkeys uncle if im going to let this slide.

Thanks for any advice.

When you apply for VED on-line, unless you specifically state that you want the disk to start from the first of the following month, it will default to the 1st of the current month.

'afraid so. You'll also find your SORN is backdated to end in tandem with the renewal (so if it took you a week or so to get the disk sorted, they get the benefit of the extra month's non-usage.

I don't believe you can specify a start date for an online renewal - it always defaults to the month of application, UNLESS you are renewing in advance of an imminent expiry!

• 3 weeks later...

Even if you go to a post office or DVLA local office counter, you can only licence a vehicle on the last two days of the preceeding month (29th and 30th Nov in this case).

However, you could write a letter to DVLA, VCS Customer Services, explaining what happened, and see if they will send you a new disc.

This did work with me, but only because I did this on the last day of the month, and sent a pretty convincing letter.

Even if you go to a post office or DVLA local office counter, you can only licence a vehicle on the last two days of the preceeding month (29th and 30th Nov in this case).

However, you could write a letter to DVLA, VCS Customer Services, explaining what happened, and see if they will send you a new disc.

This did work with me, but only because I did this on the last day of the month, and sent a pretty convincing letter.

Not so. You can get a VED up to two weeks in advance

Not so. You can get a VED up to two weeks in advance

Not quite true. You can only tax a car from the 15th of the month if the vehicle is already taxed. If the vehicle is untaxed or SORNed you can only tax it from the 1st. of the month in which you apply for the tax. Or if you want it to begin the following month you can only apply two days before the 1st of the following month.

How to tax your vehicle without a reminder : Directgov - Motoring

• Haha 1