Late Licensing Penalty.

tom a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a van which I returned to the finance company because I could not keep up the payments on it.

The finance company told me not to fill in the registration document because it would be done when the vehicle was sold at auction.

Two months down the line I recieve a letter saying my van is not taxed or SORN letter sent and am given an £80 fine.

I wrote to DVLA explaining the situation and enclosed a copy of receipt from finance company but they are still demanding the payment.

I realise with hindsight I should have informed DVLA, but is there anything I can do now?

Thanks in advance.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...Dvla pointed out to me that it says on the V5c reg document exactly what the owner has to do on getting rid of the old jalopy. Went and found another V5 and there it is...tell the dvla when you get rid of it. Did you read it ? bet you didn't, I didn't. Its not until you get that letter saying cough up the cash that you do. I tried pleading, begging, crying and offering my first born, but nope..cough !! Another one of the gov't stealth taxes in action...wonder how much they have made out of this one.

:mad: