Combined parking Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I really could do with some advice regarding ‘Combined Parking Solutions’ several months ago I parked in an area in which I later realised that I should not have. I received a fine and until today have not paid it, however I will be going to the small claims court in the next few weeks. My argument is that there was inadequate signage and whatever signage there was there it was covered by some vans at the time. The signs are the same red ones that you have in the thread. My issue is I can settle the matter and pay about £100 or take it to court where it will go up to about £200. I am in a but of a pickle and they have already sent me a similar court case in the same car park were the defendant lost – He had the same argument as me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

It will no doubt have come to the notice of regular readers of this forum that there is a PPC in existence trading under the name of "Combined Parking Solutions"

As a matter of curiosity, given the 100 thousand plus members that

the CAG forums have, can anyone hold there hand up and say that they have received a "parking charge notice" from this partnership and if so would they care to either PM me or post the documentation here ?

Also, any correspondence or Court documents would be most welcome, given that this is a trading partnership with 8 partners and twelve staff then the revenue stream to support this huge organisation as well as paying "the highest level of compensation in the UK of £25 for every ticket issued" then by the simple law of averages we should get at least one.

You do not need to identify yourself and all information received will be treated in the strictest confidence unless you otherwise wish it disclosed.

Many thanks

I really could do with some advice regarding ‘Combined Parking Solutions’, several months ago I parked in an area in which I later realised that I should not have. I received a fine and I have not paid it, however I will be going to the small claims court in the next few weeks. My argument is that there was inadequate signage and whatever signage that was there had been covered by some vehicles making it impossible to see. The signs are the same red ones that you have in the thread. My issue is I can settle the matter and pay about £100 or take it to court where it will go up to about £200. I am in a bit of a pickle and they have already sent me a similar court case for the same car park were the defendant lost – He had the same argument as me.

I really could do with some advice regarding ‘Combined Parking Solutions’, several months ago I parked in an area in which I later realised that I should not have. I received a fine and I have not paid it, however I will be going to the small claims court in the next few weeks. My argument is that there was inadequate signage and whatever signage that was there had been covered by some vehicles making it impossible to see. The signs are the same red ones that you have in the thread. My issue is I can settle the matter and pay about £100 or take it to court where it will go up to about £200. I am in a bit of a pickle and they have already sent me a similar court case for the same car park were the defendant lost – He had the same argument as me.

deleted

Probably best to start your own thread.

Not sure what you mean by "I will be going to court". Chances of small claims court are miniscule - the [problem] relies on you thinking they will.

If CPS have sent you details of the Thomas case, do you think it will be a fair and balanced appraisal? If the signage was inadequate, then that's relevant to your situation - previous cases are of no consequence. Doubt it's even the same car park.

Amjid,

Be very careful about what you post up here. CPS do read these forums and will gather any information they can about you. Do not post anything that can be used to identify you. Ticket/invoice with date, time, location, VRM showing.

By all means ask for advice that is what these forums are fof but please be careful about what you reveal.

Have a read of the threads in stickies section on posting in this forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still around Amjid?

If I had been given court papers I'd be asking for advice and somebody would contact you to help through email.

I suspect you've just been sent a couple of threatening letters? In which case, just ignore and do not contact them.

thanks for the advice guys but they have arranged a court date - is this unusual? but prior to this they were so persistent i settle on a mediation so much so that they said I would be wasting my time missing work etc.

there legal guys phoned me 3 times.

Probably you are the 1 in 1000 unlucky one to receive a claim form as it would cost them too much to issue claims to the hundreds of folk who ignore their invoices. And possibly they've targetted you for a reason - eg. something you said in a letter or phone call such as mentioning this forum? Don't answer this question as it will give out more info.

The upside for everyone else is basically they should go on ignoring any unjustifiable invoices because it is impossible for companies to pursue everyone and stay in business.

The downside of that is that you will probably have already provided enough info here for them to identify you among the few claims they've issued. This means that they may go through with the case because they want to try and make a point.

Amjid,

you say they have "set a court date" do you mean they have told you this or have you recieved something from a court , and has it a COURT STAMP on it ( be on the alert if you get something that looks like a court document WITHOUT A COURT SEAL/STAMP on it )

saying and actual doing are world apart in their fairy tale land , it all starts with their invoice, which they belive is a PCN

if you do have paper work claiming to be from a " COURT " scan it and put it on a post with all personal details blanked out / removed

• 1 year later...

I know I will get totally slated for this, but it becomes irritating after a while to constantly see Parking Companies take the rap.

Now, let me make a few points clear.

1. I think Parking Wardens hiding around corners, clampers jumping on cars when they stop to ask for directions etc is extremely bad practice.

2. I do not work for a parking company.

3. This post IS NOT aimed at people who have been unfairly duped by one way or another.

I run a Business Centre, and have done so for nearly 2 years. We are located close to town centre, and we have a number of private spaces outside the front of our building.

When I took over, I tried a number of amicable solutions to prevent people parking in the tenants spaces.

1. I tried polite notices.

2. I tried catching them before they ran off into town.

3. I tried knocking on local businesses, and even to the church to ask people not to park in our private spaces.

None of these methods worked, and in a small town, word travelled that we were powerless to people illegally parking, and therefore it became more frequent.

However, we now use Combined Parking Solutions, and it is a breath of fresh air for us. We now have the deterrant to prevent people parking. We do try and catch people before they leave their cars to warn them about parking so they can avoid parking charges, as I know how much I hate getting tickets. We DO NOT like giving people tickets, but I also do not like charging my tenants for car parking which is taken away by someone too lazy to park 400 yds away where the parking is free, or trying to avoid paying a few pounds in a pay and display.

We display our signs clearly, as we use the tickets as a deterrant, not as a solution.

I believe all of these people who have parked illegally, know they have parked illegally and are trying to dodge the fines on a technicality, perhaps you should think of things the other way around and imagine how you would feel if someone parked at the end of your drive?

For the people out there who do not want to pay a parking ticket, I have the best avoidance defence for you. Why not try parking in a space which isn't private parking?

but it becomes irritating after a while to constantly see Parking Companies take the rap.

They wouldn't if they were acting ethically and within the law. Unfortunately they wouldn't make any money doing that.

I have sympathy with your plight, but your legal views are distorted and incorrect. Unfortunately tales of 80 year olds who's blue badges slip out of view and subsequent threatening letters which take away half their pension for that week are all too common.

If you're so bothered about deterrents, either don't submit the reg numbers to CPS (if you issue yourself) or tell CPS not to follow any up.

You'll soon find people still don't park, but you're not fleecing people out of spite.

Unfortunately the wonderful company you have employed won't sign up for that. But that's what you get for doing deals with the devil.

Just wait until a client gets hounded by them and you can't get CPS to leave them alone. That'll be great for business.

Newbie poster dredging up a 2 year old thread to extol the virtues of an irrelevant pipsqueak PPC run by totally ridiculous individual who spend his whole time trolling consumer forums or trying to get a bit of romantic action on the side. Hmmm. Possible but unlikely. Perky has never pretended to be a customer before so I guess its a new approach in that way. Hint for Perky: if assuming the guise of a custoer do not say: "We display our signs clearly, as we use the tickets as a deterrant". By the way Perky, I was talking to Andy and Stace the other day and their view was "odious [rhymes with swat]". What's your view extremely neutral and satisfied customer Nick6976?

Perky has never pretended to be a customer before so I guess its a new approach in that way.

Business must really be tough if he is resorting to doing this. Anything to get the company name out there or could it be another court case coming up? Perky and his cronies have been remarkably quiet on the trolling front over the last few weeks. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business must really be tough if he is resorting to doing this. Anything to get the company name out there or could it be another court case coming up? Perky and his cronies have been remarkably quiet on the trolling front over the last few weeks. :D

The chances of a satisfied customer chancing upon this site and then thinking to pen a glowing tribute to Perky's bunch of losers must be microscopically small. Yes it smacks of desparation but after the shame of the dating website posting maybe it is the best he could come up with. Perky is about as subtle as a brick at the best of times.

Sorry guys, but if you are referring to "Perky" as Mike Perkins, I'm certainly not him - although on the internet there is no way of proving this. However, obviously I have spoken with him before when I was speaking with a lot of companies to try and find a solution for our parking issues.

As I mentioned before, disabled badges "slipping down" etc, I have total sympathy for, although not at our premises as it's totally private parking, which includes disabled badge holders.

Just for reference, we do have the power to cancel tickets, so if it is a tenant who hasn't displayed their permit, or even someone who has the decency to come and talk to us "I'm really sorry, I didn't know" etc etc, we have the control to be able to cancel the ticket.

It didn't take trawling to find this site - the #2 and #3 listings on Google for Combined Parking Solutions are this site and one other - all posting negative views, and I see it in my best interests to research a company who we use. As I said before, I have total sympathy for people who have been unfairly ticketed, but it's too often you see posts like:

"I only overstayed by 10 minutes"

"They showed my vehicle colour wrong"

"I was only there for 5 minutes"

All of these people know they are parking illegally, yet they don't want to face the consequences. I fully support sites like this to help people who's pay and display ticket had fallen off the window, or businesses who are not clearly displaying the CPS signs, and you guys should be applauded for helping these people, but the ones who are knowingly parking illegally, who are trying to find a loophole to dodge a ticket, I think is very bad.

People are not parking "illegally" on private land, because they have not broken any laws. So why do keep on using that word?

As for blue badges, they have no legal status on private land, so you cannot "penalise" people for not displaying them.

all you can do is take them to court and prove your loss not the penaltys you unlawfully impose

dont blame people parking breaking your rules because you do not follow the law by imposing penalty's

2 wrong dont make a right

Just for reference, we do have the power to cancel tickets, so if it is a tenant who hasn't displayed their permit, or even someone who has the decency to come and talk to us "I'm really sorry, I didn't know" etc etc, we have the control to be able to cancel the ticket.

Well in both those situations any charge would not even arguably be enforceable, so it's hardly an act of generosity.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Kip,

I can't imagine anyone would want to pay for losses I incur through people parking where they shouldn't. If it costs me a tenant, it would certainly be more than the parking charges, although again, it would be virtually impossible to prove that the loss of a tenant was directly attributable to the loss of their parking space.

However, I feel that this forum is full of people who have one single view, which is down with these parking companies and up with the consumer, and as I have mentioned numourous times, there are circumstances where these companies are in the wrong, but I certainly do not believe it's so clearly black and white. This company provided a service to my business which is invaluable, and I certainly did not see any alternative.

The whole fact about how much is fair and reasonable, surely if the fines were cheap and reasonable, then it would be a car park, not a deterrant, and if the fines are so expensive, then surely the solution isn't to park where they shouldn't?

Nick6976, I see that you have used the "f" word again.

The main problem I see is that the private parking companies (and the people who employ them) think they have the same powers as the council or the police to "fine" people for breaking their "rules."

They do not. They are just private citizens with no more powers than any other private citizen. They take this delusion even further by talking about "illegal parking"and "penalty charges", and using paperwork that closely mimics that of councils or the police. In many cases they themselves are breaking the law by using such tactics.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks