A Morbid Tale of Debt

fairbank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

.....with a sprinkling of chocolate

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and loads of choccy sauce.

God i can see it now eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

My repossession order has been suspended.

Things much better now, was headhunted and changed jobs. Earning close to £50k with commissions!

Still need to sort outthe DCAs but at least the secured stuff is now in control

Yippee!

• Haha 1

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

My repossession order has been suspended.

Things much better now, was headhunted and changed jobs. Earning close to £50k with commissions!

Still need to sort outthe DCAs but at least the secured stuff is now in control

Yippee!

:D WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I was wondering what you had been up to. I am really so pleased for you. What a happier, more positive place you are in compared to when you first started this thread.

My very best wishes ;-)

Make sure you keep in touch :wink:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Excellent new Fairbanks, couldn't get me a job could you £50,000 would be nice and I can work overtime, doing anything that anybody wants:lol:

Really glad things are looking up for you:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

congrats on the suspension and Congrats on the New job.

I am glad you had the best outcome we could all hope for you with the suspension. Now all you need to do is get it completely removed but you dont need to concentrate on that ATM.

Hope you enjoy your new job. £50K that could be put to good use with some debts.

Just get your self settled in the job and then sort yourself out.

shout if you need anything.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Am still alive and kicking. Have made about £3300 in my first two and a half weeks at work, so money will be soon rolling in.

If anybody out there is sick of the DCAs calling, I have a good tip!

I do use the internet quite a bit so have invested in mobile broadband and done away with the phone line completely! It is so quiet and the DCAs can write to me from now on. As a family we use O2 mobiles so never have the worry about not being in contact with each other free calls texts etc.

I should be on top of everything, by September now possibly before and it is then that I will be dealing directly with the DCAs. Its strange how these debts keep passing from one to another, and then end up back at the same place.

Importantly the priority debts are being paid. Mortgage etc and it is a good feeling to know that the house is secure

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Hi FB,

It's great to see how you've turned this all around.

Your optimism shined (shone?) through even when you were at your lowest and will be an example and, I hope, inspiration to all reading your thread.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi FB.

Glad things are on the up. Keep it going as they will soon be ssssending byebye letters.

Hi

Am still alive and kicking. Have made about £3300 in my first two and a half weeks at work, so money will be soon rolling in.

If anybody out there is sick of the DCAs calling, I have a good tip!

I do use the internet quite a bit so have invested in mobile broadband and done away with the phone line completely! It is so quiet and the DCAs can write to me from now on. As a family we use O2 mobiles so never have the worry about not being in contact with each other free calls texts etc.

I should be on top of everything, by September now possibly before and it is then that I will be dealing directly with the DCAs. Its strange how these debts keep passing from one to another, and then end up back at the same place.

Importantly the priority debts are being paid. Mortgage etc and it is a good feeling to know that the house is secure

It good to hear from you :)

A regular income AND no calls from DCAs - what an achievement :D

I really chuffed things are stabilising and you feel secure in your home.

I shall look forward to your posts when you start dealing with the DCAs.

Best wishes ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update

Things going well. Mortgage payments up to date and on time.

Now starting to deal with DCAs who don't seem to be able to cope without being able to ring me every hour of the day on my home phone.

Very little post in fact hardly any at the moment, the DCAs don't seem to like writing to me. Well that's their choice after all. Yes there are lots of threatening letters, but aren't there always.

At the end of the month I am going to sort out my Council Tax arrears for once and for all

........continued my new boss paid a surprise visit.

Anybody reading this there are some very important lessons that I have learnt in the past few months in particular you HAVE to maintain the secured payments and other priority debts. NO matter how much others scream they are the ones that have to be paid. Keeping on good terms and speaking with the important creditors is a must, it really is.

I am not saying don't pay the others, it is after all debt but don't be pushed, bullied or harrassed into paying what you can't afford at the expense of the important payments. Remember you also have to have a life as well, so be generous and don't skimp on the day to day items that you need.

DCAs are a pain at times (well most of the time actually!) and I suspect with the current mess the country is in will become (credit crunch/squeeze) they will become even busier but the rules of engagement remain the same as they always have:

Don't speak to them

Get them to put everything in writing

IF they are threateneing, abusive etc. Report them

Get your CCA in the first instant so that they hjave to prove the debt.

The most important factor is TIME though, we all have lots of it and it is a matter of using it wisely, no panic, and getting good advice

End of sermon!!

• Haha 1

Hi FB. I am really pleased that things are continuing to improve.

I think you will have to change your signature soon :D;)

Thanks Hopeful1Hopefully(!) a new signature will appear at the bottom of the page!

Hi

really pleased for you and glad you are taking the time to post on here and gve encouragement to others

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

About time I logged on again. Very busy earning money and trying to get life balanced.

It seems ages since I logged on and things have improved significantly for me. I a now in control of the mortgage and secured payments. NO hassle there any more.

I have slipped with the unsecured stuff but am starting to deal with that now. Just sorted out a pile of letters and will do a statement of account and offer payments to them all this week. Payments will be based on a minimum income figure but I do hope that I can become (unsecured) debt free within 18 - 24 months now.

Job fantastic. Will take home in excess of #3000 this month. Averaging about 55k a year. So that will form the platform for clearing the debts

No joy on the PPi front as yet which has really dragged out. Success in that will have a serious impact on clearing my debys quickly

Hope you are all keeping well!!

Fairbank................

Hiya Fairbank :)

Really pleased things are much better for you. Hope they continue to improve. Keep us updated as it gives hope to others to keep fighting as you so bravely have done and are continuing to do...

Good stuff Fairbank and glad to hear you're still on the up !! :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well done Fairbank and thanks for letting us know. Nice to have a bit of good news.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE