A Morbid Tale of Debt

fairbank
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody

I have since spoken with FOS and they state that the comapny in question whether it is a post 2005 issue is not was registered in OCT 2004

This information may be useful to anybody dealing with the Central Trust group and its partners. They will try and fob you off with the fact that the regulation came into effect in Jan 2005 and there is nothing that can be done.

I am talking about £9,858 which will be all mine. Had it been a really small amount I would not have investigated it.

Central Capital have until the 27th Feb to respond, if they fail then legal action will be taken against them

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Please also post this on your PPI thread as it may help peeps in the PPI forum.

£9.8K !! That'd put a dent in the Council Tax arrears ;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Tell you what it will pay everything off, including virtually all the unsecured stuff. Plus all the other money due to me will be mine to clear all the other unsecured stuff as well!

In fact all I would have is a mortgage!

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

and normal bills FB. But then at least you would not have to find extra money each month.

Maybe some F&Fs may be in order when they respond.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yup !

Where you offer to pay an amount less than the full amount owing in F&F settelement of a debt.

This is particularly useful where a DCA has bought the debt for, say, 10 or 20% of the amount o/s and are then happy to accept a F&F of 50% which still leaves them an immediate profit.

Still leaves you with the default though.l

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Does F & F mean full and final?

Yup !

Where you offer to pay an amount less than the full amount owing in F&F settelement of a debt.

This is particularly useful where a DCA has bought the debt for, say, 10 or 20% of the amount o/s and are then happy to accept a F&F of 50% which still leaves them an immediate profit.

Still leaves you with the default though.l

You can of course make a Full and Final with the condition that they remove the default. Their compulsive GREED and the thought that they may actually be getting their greedy mitts on some cash can swing it

That's really good advice

I have now done a budget planner and there is good and bad news!

Being realistic, and taking normal monthly payments into account (and ignoring current arrears) then I am about break even based on new job etc.

However, if I total up two successful PPI claims, compensation for recent car accident, outstanding tax rebate, outstanding car insurance, consultancy work due for payment, this totals about £20,000.

So I now need to negotiate with my creditors and appraise them of the situation quickly. Most of the money should come within the next six weeks plus I will be able to pay some token payments to keep them all sweet.

It certainly looks good on paper once virtually all of the unsecured stuff, and arrears disappear and I then become about £200 per month to the good.

So in a nutshell, if I get all this money then I am in a good recovery position. As has been quite righly pointed out the option for F & F will be there. It seems starnge to say this but potentially overnight (well a couple of months) I could be facing just regualar payments and regular bills.

In a way it seems that my misguided acceptance of PPI could be my eventual saviour!

The need to keep on top of this is paramount now because I have to get all this money into my account. I am quite impatient but also a great nag so the people who owe me money will be told in great length of the impotrance of ME being paid

So I think that I am in recovery now and would not have been so for CAG.

Anybody got any advice on any tact that I can take with the hassling creditors?

Hi FB,

This is nothing you won't already know, but the key is to prioritise.

Spend max time d/w the important creditors, ie those which can cause you the most harm and/or worry.

The smaller ones may have to just go swivel for a while longer - I doubt they'd listen, care, believe or understand even when you explain your budget and timescale. They'll continue to pester and you'll just have to put up with that until you are more solvent.

JMHO :)

Make sure any F&Fs are on terms yu agree with and YOU have the F&F in writing.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hey Fairbank, just dropping in to catch up and have read everything from about page 6! It's brilliant to hear that you're on the way to sorting yourself out when I think how you sounded at the beginning. You're definitely an example to everyone out there that thinks they are at breaking point.

fairbank

Just logged in after about a week. It is great to see how your life has turned around to the point where you are now considering F&Fs for some creditors - great to see mate. :)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

Reading with interest mate... hang in there... you've turned a negative into a positive, this shows you that you can succeed.. and grow stronger with every experience ! - Go get your life back !!

01.08.06 - RBOS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request

01.08.06 - Alliance @ Leicester Credit Card - S.A.R sent

03.09.06 - £495 owed - Alliance and Leicester sent cheque for £130 - Accepted as partial payment

03.09.06 Alliance & Leicester - LBA letter sent to recover remainder

Hi FB - i just wondered how everything is going? I hope that work is going well and that you're not too exhausted! Have your creditors been reasonable with the offers you were going to make?

Will keep looking out for your posts.

Best Wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

All a bit stagnant at the moment. Start new job on Monday. Consultancy ongoing. Awaiting insurance pay off and a date to take Paragon to court of PPI.

I love the waiting stage. it is so fun.

Chrissi

Fly in the ointment today.................

Father in law rushed into hospital seriously ill. Been at hospital all day! its not good news by the looks of it

IT WILL ALL GET BETTER SOON FOR US I AM SURE

• 2 weeks later...

well now doing a sales job that I hate!

Should be taking Paragon to court soon for PPI

In court 11th April with Paragon for repossession order but have managed to pay off £1000 to reduce the arrears

Northern Rock now on my back for mortgage arrears

Apart from all of that everything is fine..........and I have a lousy cold as well!!

Well u may hate the job but most ppl hate there job.

the cold is easy to get over.

The mortage arrears are not goin to be easy to get rid of but you will get there.

stay positive and always look on the bright side of life.

stay positive and always look on the bright side of life.

I wonder how many people are now singing this song in their head like i am ? :grin:

Good to hear from you FB. Bet you don't hate your job as much as you hated not having one ;)

lol i just realised that hopeful. I could not for life of me remeber where i got it from

Yep it s boring sitting around doing nothing but i am under doctors orders

:) Hi FB. I just wondered how things are with you?

Hi fairbank :)

Just came accross your thread and read all of it.

The way in which you've pulled through all the bad things that life has thrown at you is truly inspirational.

Hope you're over your cold and that everything's going to plan.

Good luck, best wishes and have a great Easter.