rich2568 V Citicards-- interesting development!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very surprised they have settled, as thought they would defend their position of refunding only the difference between £12 and the charges applied.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that they pay out at 75%....if they are so sure that £12.88 is their actual charge.......why willingly pay out more..........;)

I feel a bit of back tracking by Citi here.....

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

Keren, summed it up better than me.

If they are adament that £12.88 is their cost per default why compromise and give more than the difference between the two charges?

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

If you read their defence you will understand more why they settled and why they paid out more than the difference between the £12.88 and the penalties!! The defence showed signs of vulnerability.

I made sure the timing of my letter (just before court) was spot on. Also in my last letter I shown the weakness in that defence, they then knew settlement made sense!!

O.K. I could of took my attack to court and eventually got a payout but by this way I get it a lot sooner and I can now go Christmas shopping instead of planning my court appearance/s!!

Any feeling that I`ve helped you today- then add to my reputation and click those scales!