do i have to pay my parking ticket on broken yellow lines?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What sort of ticket is it? Was it issued by the police or police traffic warden or by a local authority parking attendant?

Can you scan and post both sides of the ticket and post it here together with photos of where you were parked and the broken lines.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Get GOOD digitl photos of everything - the lines along there whole length - proof they apply to that street ie a more general view. Measure line widths and distances from kerb etc with ruler and take photos(with ruler). Check for T bars at end of each line. Signage on lamp posts.

In our neck of woods and road works it is noticable that any yellow lines are replaced immediatly by the contractors - usually better than what was there before!

In our neck of woods and road works it is noticable that any yellow lines are replaced immediatly by the contractors - usually better than what was there before!

Contractors get fined for failing to replace lines where as sadly Councils are reluctant to spend the millions they get from parking on signs and lines as they are not accountable for failing to do so.