Me vs Monument - CCA?

teethgrinder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oops

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Monument - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Wifes old Lloyds TSB - Gonna nail 'em

Is this possibly the most pathetic excuse for a cca ever:

moncca.jpg

I am owed about £1300 charges, but I don't seem to have a valid agreement. Correct?

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Well... I wouldn't say most pathetic... but, unenforceable, yep.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I think there's a clue in the title of the thread:D

Monument Credit Card

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

I had a great result with monument, all charges refunded by BACS into a seperate bank account of my choosing and then the entire balance written off as well!

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

well i can safely say that is one of the worse credit agreements, LMAO, i have seen in a while.

Where are the t&cs and prescribed terms or did i miss them?

Oh sorry are they ment to be it in the declaration part that says credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974? LMAO ROFL

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Accont was opened in 2000. The cover letter states it is their reply to my CCA s78 request, and there are T&C's but these are for Monument and not Providian, as they were when account opened.

I allegedly owe them just under £1400, but most of this is charges. Plan is to go for charges and CI. Can this be done, as without a valid credit agreement, there is no enforceable debt - correct?

Hmmm sounds like a similar thing I've had with B'card where the charges and outstanding balance cancel each other out.

Now I sent them a compromise deal that the outstanding debt would be wiped out and I wouldn't pursue through court.

I never had a response, but they sold the account on to the DCA's.

You could always give that a try and when/if the DCA's come knocking, tell them to "go away".

try this, edit as needed

Compromise Proposal

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 19th June 2007, the contents of which are noted.

I calculate that you have taken £xxx.xx in charges plus £xxx.xx which you have charged me in contractual interest, based on your current rate of APR%, for the sum which you have taken. Totalling £xxx.xx.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

The current outstanding balance on this account is £xxx.xx.

However, I am conscious of the time involved for all concerned, i.e. for you to attend a court hearing and the cost of pursuing the matter further. I therefore, propose to offer a compromise to settle this matter in full. However, I would be obliged if you will agree to:

1. The sum of £xxx.xx is paid by you in full and final settlement.

2. ALL collection activities to cease.

3. Any adverse reports being removed from the Credit Reference Agencies.

The sum of £xxx.xx to be credited directly to the above mentioned Barclaycard account to clear the outstanding balance and close the account completely.

Otherwise I will initiate a legal claim within the County Court system for the FULL amount as detailed on the enclosed statement, as well as any costs arising from litigation proceedings. This will necessitate further expense and time on both our behalf’s.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which this matter will be resolved.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too