Flames V Abbey - Done it ! Now wheres my money ?

flames7205
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today received letter from DLA simply stating that there AQs have been submitted and that I am still able to except there offer of 50% if I want too?

I have politely refused in writing today.

Is this a normal approach ?

cant see anyone else receiving such a note?

HUGGY BEAR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey flames, i'm almost at the same stage as you and karneveil. I've just received a letter from DLA which although unsigned has paul denham's email at the bottom so i assume he's dealing with me. just telling me they're in the process of reviewing my claim and preparing the bank's response so they can file a defence. They've have asked me to send over the details of how i reached my claim figure nearly £900 so I'm just about to email that over now.

I'll keep an eye on how you're both doing and keep you informed with what happens to me! Hopefully we'll all come out on top...fingers tightly crossed :)

missphant :razz::D

claim commenced 05.06.06

court hearing on 08.12.06

abbey settled in full before the hearing...yippee :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Today received the following

General Form of Judgement or Order

Before DEPUTY DISTRICT JUDGE DYTE sitting at Birmingham County Court,Civil Justice Centre , The Priory Courts.

Upon considering this matter

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Defendant shall file and serve by 4pm 21 September 2006 its proposed expert evidence.

Dated 24 August 2006

This would seem to be Abbeys deadline to offer a defence ?

Hopefully they wont and pay up before hand ?

HUGGY BEAR

not to offer a defence as such flames, but more to offer this fantastic expert evidence to show they're not a flaming load of crooks! not being funny, but without 'expertly' displaying their costs which is the whole point of the argument then there's nothing they can submit to help them really!!!

claim commenced 05.06.06

brace yourself for it going to a full hearing at the small claims, in case they don't settle before - but like i said without submitting a proper breakdown of costs they can't defend themselves effectively and if they did submit costs it would show they were modern day pirates so they'd never do that!!!!

claim commenced 05.06.06

if they now fold and pay up before the 21st surely this will be another case to be added to the list and presented to the court.with the enormous number of these claims being filed and the banks filing defences and then paying up before court proceedings, it seems inconprehensible to me that the judges are not seeing the pattern and realising that they and their courts are being used in a most appalling way by the banks.unless of course all the money flooding into the coffers has anything to do with why they have not started to come down heavy on the banks.i would have thought that judges would be most displeased with this apparent misuse of the court system.how can we legitimately bring it to their attention?

you would expect the courts to realise the situation and intervene themselves maybe they are not alllowed ?

but I agree it is a waste of the courts time but theres only one loser here and I am happy in the thought that is the automated arrogant abbey I for one cannot wait to drop them.

It wont hurt them but its another customer lost but looking at the forum the banks seem to be all the same anyway..............................?

HUGGY BEAR

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I have finally had an update in the form of a letter today from DLA Piper.

They are increasing there offer but not going the full hog.

They have included al etter to the courts which reads as follows:

We acknowledge receipt of the order made by the district judge blah blah

Regrettably we will be unable to comply with the order at the present time as we have not yet obtained a report from the proposed expert.

We sincerely hope that this does not inconvenience the court , but we wish to reserve our position in relation to expert evidence until the claim has been allocated to a track.

Yours

DLA PIPER.

Any thoughts out there.....?

I do not wish to take there increased but not full refund so should I soldier on ?

Does the above letter mean anything or are they stalling ?

HUGGY BEAR

What expert evidence????? I think that they are really pushing their luck now. Are they really allowed to stall the courts in such an obvious way as well - and if it were an "expert" - why the delay - surely an organisation such as Abbey should have "experts" coming out of their ears??!

Jackie

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

I think that you must be very near the end - don't give in now. Do you really believe that there is an expert waiting in the wings. And do you really believe that Abbey will produce this expert for the court to confirm that it really does cost them £35.00 to press a button? IMHO just another square on their snakes and ladders board.

Flames - have you looked at Oddfellows recent post - explains what their "expert" evidence will detail.....

Yes, I agree, soldier on, it can't be long, now!!!!!!

The arrogance that the shABBEY are showing beggars belief, right in the face of the courts as well. Upon receiving that letter, the court should have given them 72 hours to get this "egg spert evidence" to you, if not to settle the claim without any further delay!!!!

We're all with you!

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

Hi Flames

thanks for replying to my post, it is nice to find someone at the same stage as me! Although my 'expert' should be sending his evidence in by today, yours should be in by the 21st September. I haven't had a letter saying that the experts report isn't ready, unless it has come in the post this morning. I will look when I get home and reply again. This waiting and stalling game is killing me!

re-reading the letter from dla i see they can't comply because they haven't got the evidence drawn up and they would like to reserve their position in relation to expert evidence.i have always been of the opinion that it didn't matter what they would like to do,i thought they had to do what the judge said.lets hope he reads it the same and blows a gasket with them.

Now I read the letter in more detail it is amazing really and shows no repsect for the courts almost "we will do it our way when were ready !"

If anyone single person had wrote such a reply I am sure the courts would come down on it hard .

As always we will wait and see what the size and wealth of a buisness can manipulate !

HUGGY BEAR