URGENT Help Please CCJ Imminent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

don't forget... they have to prove not only that you paid them, but when you paid them. So, for example, if you sent them a cheque for £1, what date was the cheque actually written?

there have been any number of cases when the last payment was "made" by cheque a day before the action, but actually written and dated a few days before, and then the debt is time barred.

As sequenci said, it's up to them to prove when you made payment.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi Tomterm8,

You keep coming out with things that could make all the difference, thank you.

I would have paid them via DDM or more probable standing order from my bank account, which would have taken at least 3 days to reach the account.

So you are saying the last payment applies from the day the money left my bank account as apposed to when it was credited to the to the account? This could mean a difference of at least 3 days! not sure how I would prove that without the original bank statements if I needed to mind you.

Thanks

S9

Hm... not sure I've ever seen a direct debit mandate in the litigation case law... I would guess that payment occured on the day you authorised money to be taken out of your account.

Would you really have been paying nominal £1 payments using DDM / standing order?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi

Now you mention it I have a distinct memory of going to the Post Office and buying £1.00 postal orders for the purpose of sending to our creditors, again unsure how long I did this for mind you, as we were absolutely skint, maybe 2 or 3 months. Now how do they prove they were from me?

This is infuriating as I keep recalling snipets of memories of what I did back then. For instance I have just remembered that the postal order's were sent in individual envelopes addressed to the creditors with (knowing me) a covering letter. (bugger!)

Thanks

S9