Badger 69 TV licence debate for old people

BADGER 69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The most recent thing that has happened is that the agency has written to say that one of their enforcement officers would call on me, and that I would be prosecuted even if I paid him for a licence. I would like them to get on with it so that I could get a proper ruling on this. If it goes on much longer I'll be entitled to a free one anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel another petition coming on...

I think pensioners get a raw deal in this country, after all, it is them we have to thank for the NHS, The DHSS etc. It is they that have contributed to it and it is they that should have maximum everything before anyone else.

Free TV license is a mere part of this whole issue.

Look after our elderly - we have a lot to thank them for

(even if our current government has just given it all away afterwards)

I feel another petition coming on...

I think pensioners get a raw deal in this country, after all, it is them we have to thank for the NHS, The DHSS etc. It is they that have contributed to it and it is they that should have maximum everything before anyone else.

Free TV license is a mere part of this whole issue.

Look after our elderly - we have a lot to thank them for

(even if our current government has just given it all away afterwards)

Quite.

As I said in one of my other posts - the tvlo do not tell you when you are 75 that you are eligible for a free license, they just go on letting you pay until some friend (if your lucky enough for one to notice) tells you so.

Slightly off topic. We were paying by DD and cancelled it with the intention of paying off the balance in one go so I would not have to worry about a DD bouncing. Have you ever tried to get through to these morons? After pressing many buttons to get to the right department, i was told that it was closed and to phone back again. I have tried three times since and all I want to do is pay the licence and get on with life but it is impossible to get through as you are kept waiting for up to 20 minutes and still no answer. Guess I will need to write to them as that is the only way I can find out how much I need to pay them to ensure that we have a valid TV licence..

Hi Surfer

What number are you calling?

As far as I know these so-and-sos use 0845 or maybe even 0870 numbers which mean you pay a premium charge for every minute you hold on.

Van

Not true.

Premium rate numbers start 09

0870 is charged at a national rate - regardless of the location of the landline you call from in the country.

0845 is charged as a local rate call

Not true.

Premium rate numbers start 09

0870 is charged at a national rate - regardless of the location of the landline you call from in the country.

0845 is charged as a local rate call

Why were there such a row about doctors surgeries being on 0870 numbers then? I always understood that the recipient got some of the cost.

Slightly of topic. Yesterday someone told me that over 75s can get a free passport and that if you had one before you reach that age you can claim a rebate on what is outstanding. Anyone have any gen on this?

Slightly of topic. Yesterday someone told me that over 75s can get a free passport and that if you had one before you reach that age you can claim a rebate on what is outstanding. Anyone have any gen on this?

Details here. Free adult passport if born before 2/9/1929 - so over '80's really.

I can find no detail about refunding an unused portion.