Barclaycard CCA, they want my signature!

Under Siege
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Godmother,

Duffers Mum,

is Northampton TS Barclaycards local TS?

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Under Seige (thanks for all your help on my thread btw)

Can I clarify that from your earlier posts on your thread that your account with Barclaycard/DCA is in Serious Dispute for two reasons:

1. They have failed to send you a properly executed agreement under CCA 1974 AND
  2. You have issued a claim for repayment of charges on the account

Is this the case? And, if so, does it strengthen your hand or not make much difference to the DCA's ability to go to court - i.e. if you are disputing charges and the lack of an agreement will the court look more favourbaly on you and will the DCA likely hold off because you have both issues in dispute?

Bit long winded but I hope you see my question in all that. Thanks :)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

Hi Harvest

I have not even started with the charges yet!

I sent a CCA request and they have virtually admitted in 2 letters that they do not have it.

They have however passed the account on to Mercers and they continue to charge me fees and interest which is illegal.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

OK these muppetts are winding me up now.

Ive still no CCA (must complain to Trading Standards this week), passed on to Mercers.

So I sent Mercers the usual bog off letters and telephone harassment stuff.

Now they are phoning me at 9am on a Sunday morning (when I have a hang over)

Who do these people think they are?

Are they above the law?

They ignore my CCA requests

They ignore my complaints

and they ignore my request to stop telephone calls.

Debt Collection Charges

Well as they have been sent the telephone harassement letter l would start logging the calls and complain to the OFT as that is against the guidlelines on debt collection.

Which will result in them in trouble. You could also start a harrassement case against them in court.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a good old laugh at Mercers. :D

I have just received a letter threatening to "visit me at home" oooo I'm petrified!

The letter starts - "We have been unable to contact you" however I have a whole file of correspondence and a letter from Mercers themselves dated 7 days earlier which starts - "Thank you for contacting us"!!!

I am now of the opinion that Mercers are just a bunch of unorganized chimps with typewriters knocking out random letters and ignoring all incoming post.

Debt Collection Charges

292603~Chimpanzee-at-Typewriter-Posters.jpg

Debt Collection Charges

MERCERS CHRISTMAS PARTY

3348947.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=5EA23F8481D3F16F160BAC1FAD6EE3C0A55A1E4F32AD3138

Debt Collection Charges

lol US

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally received a copy of my credit agreement (only taken 3 months!!)

And whilst at first I was gutted that they produced it I have just realised that it has not been executed :) !!

Nothing at all not even a stamp !

Should I continue to ignore their threats?

Debt Collection Charges

Hi US

I finally rcved an alledged agreement it looks like a faxed copy and is totally unreadable, I can't say for sure if its got all the prescribed terms cus I can't read it :-| .

I have got together a reply in this thread if your interested.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/116891-barclaycard-re-action-2.html

Thanks Mike

Debt Collection Charges

Getting back to the point that my alleged agreement has not been executed (signed or stamped) by Barclaycard. I am of the opinion that it is unenforceable. However, as expected the phone calls and letters are starting again and I am wondering how strong my position is?

If this was to go to court, what would a judge say?

I will try and post a copy this afternoon or over the weekend.

Debt Collection Charges

Getting back to the point that my alleged agreement has not been executed (signed or stamped) by Barclaycard. I am of the opinion that it is unenforceable. However, as expected the phone calls and letters are starting again and I am wondering how strong my position is?

If this was to go to court, what would a judge say?

I will try and post a copy this afternoon or over the weekend.

Right then

probably not what you want to hear so apologies

if the only flaw in the agreement is the missing signature, it is possible that a judge could enforce the agreement providing you have signed it and it has the prescribed terms

the agreement without the creditors signature is unenforceable by the lender but is enforceable by the court

Regards

paul

Under Siege - Why not get in touch with Trading Standards in Northampton? Since their involvement in my case I've heard nothing from either B/C or Mercers and just continue with my token payments each month, although they are still charging interest and charges which I have also reported to TS. Good luck :)

• 4 weeks later...

how do i attach pdfs?

Is that facility no longer available?

Debt Collection Charges

pass under siege.

It used to be under 'go advanced' but it seems to be no longer there:confused:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi US,

If that's not working, you could try to scan to Photobucket and post link to your thread so doc's can be view via off-site link.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Debt Collection Charges

Hows it look?

Debt Collection Charges

i cant really read it