Thick Bloke Needs Help Against Natwest

Syd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Right, I am not the best at writing things like this, so bear with me!

I am a Natwest Advantage Gold customer, and have a personal loan with them too.

In April I was layed off from work, and found it tricky to make the payments on the loan, I found a new job, however the start date wasnt until the middle of September.

I didnt have payment protection on my loan, and some DD's failed resulting in charges, i was told by the bank to cancel any DD's to save me getting charged all the time, so I did.

I explained my situation to the bank over the phone, and they offered me a consolodation loan to cover my exsisting loan and overdraft, but would take all my debit cards away. I didnt fancy this so declined it.

Having visited the branch to explain myself and giving them the plan i want she (at the branch) submitted my request with a promise of a telephone call to confirm everything was ok.

However no telephone call but the payment has come from my account, so thats confirmation they like my idea.

The idea was, a £100 token payment, at the end of this month (Oct) i would start paying the £218.25 a month with an extra min of £400 a month on top to clear the £900 (or so) arrears.

I've had a letter saying clear your arrears in 10 days or else pretty much, not something i wanted, and i have no way of clearing the arrears just yet, not in full.

Having been to see the bank today (20/10/07) i was told there is nothing the branch can do, it all needs be be done over the telephone with the Lending Centre which dont work Saturdays.

Now everytime i call up, i get told to see the branch, or the operator takes details and "puts them on the system" but when i call next time there are no notes, making me out to be a lier. I must have spent ages on the phone to them.

I am going around in circles, the next call i will be recording, but do i have to tell them i am doing so?

Another thing, back a few months ago, I sent off a SAR, and received a pile of statements for the last 6yrs, however thats all i did get, doesnt the DPA SAR entitle you to all the notes on the system, loan agreements, credit card details etc?

Any help welcome, and i hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Syd

Hi, if I was in your situation I would try and get to see someone at the branch and then get them to liaise with the people on the phone. Your proposal is perfectly acceptable and they are sure to accept it if you could just get someone with a bit of sense to commit themselves.

The other alternative would be to write and confirm what you understood to have agreed in response to their letter asking for all the money at once. Sounds as if they are either trying it on or just totally stupid.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Syd83

Is the letter from Telford? If so looks like Debt Management are now calling the shots.No use ringing up as now they wont have access to your account. Time is of the essence now and you must CCA them without delay and request your loan agreement and get the account put into dispute.Failure will result in you recieving a Default Note at any time

CCA them G/D next day first thing Monday Morning.

and dont waste your time visiting branches and ringing up

Act NOW!!!!

Regards8-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

There's debt managment/Collections in Birmingham amd Nottingham as well, I've got a fax number for Birmingham, phone number is 0845 303 0915 i think, fax is 0121 566 1521.They will have access to your account, i've spoken to them loads of times in the past and they are usually okay.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this has been resolved, they agreed to extende my overdraft from £500 to £1700 and use £1200 to pay off my arrears, leaving me with the £500 left on overdraft that I would normally have. This O/D will reduce by £250 a month until its back to £500.

Visiting the branch i am told "it is beyond us, there is nothing we can do, even the manager would say that too so there is no point getting her involved, you need to ring up"

I am getting angry about the amount of times I've called up, been promised a call back, and never got it. Then the next operator I speak to says there are no recent notes on my account so show i've spoken to anyone. It makes me look like a joker. I want to write a letter of complaint but have no idea how to word it

The golden rule is as andyorch says - don't bother ringing up. If they agree something, you've got no way of proving it. Banks are not to be trusted. Get everything in writing.