Moorcroft lets make a big complaint!

Caz1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically out of all the DCA's I have dealt with trying to repay my debts over the past year Moorcroft have been the worse.

Briefly reading through the threads I have noticed so many more of us out there peeved off at the same people for more or less the same reasons.

I basically had a huge pile of debts and trotted off early lastyear to the CAB for some debt advice who I must say where a great help at the time.

One of the debts was to Littlewoods catalogue who promptly wrote back to CAB and told them because there was no credit agreement they wouldn't be pursuing the debt ( I luckily saved this letter and filed it )

To cut a long story short Moorcroft have basically tried to pursue the same debt since from different P.O.Box numbers and addresses ranging from Stockport to Edinburgh. I always sent a brief letter pointing out Littlewoods were no longer pursuing the matter and that neither should they be by sending them back a photocopy of the letter sent to CAB.I also wrote to Littlewoods for an explanation of why Moorcroft had my details in the first place.

It went quiet for 6 months then low and behold more Moorcrap letters so this week I sat and composed a letter of complaint which was straight to the point and precise and enclosed photocopied letters and replies to each of their correspondances telling them I would like a full explanation of their behaviour in this matter and also letting them know that trading standards in each of the areas which the demand letters had come from would be getting a full and comprehensive complaint about their activities.

Perhaps if we all sent in a complaint to the trading standards/OFT in their local areas ...they might start cleaning up their act.

I just sit and think of some of the people out there who haven't discovered CAG and are letting Moorcroft bully and threaten them and who loose sleep at night over it:(

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Hi Caz

Sign me up!!

Lets all bombard them with letters of complaint copied to OFT/TS et al.

It will be worth the price of 3 first class stamps just to arrange a big mail drop at their doors:D

Cheers mate:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caz,

I agree it is worthwhile a mass complaint to Moorcroft (and any other wretched DCA who has made your life hell).

Trading standards and the OFT DO take notice, but only if lots of complaints are received.

I think you have also done the correct thing by complaining to them as well, should help with their customer satisfaction statistics :D

Red

Hi Caz

It will be worth the price of 3 first class stamps just to arrange a big mail drop at their doors:D

Cheers mate:)

Better still,

Don't put a stamp on it, it ends up costing them more :grin:

Or..............

Does anyone have their "replypaid" details, make up a few dozen empty envelopes with the details on and post a few every day :rolleyes:

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

LOL weeble you are naughty:D I like it!! come on guys let's see if they have a pre pay address \o/

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Just recieved proof that Moorcrap are lying swines and have already complained to the CSA about there behaviour but they were about as useful as a condom made of sugar paper :(

No option to report them (and cost them) to the FOS and i fully expect them to be in my favour given the evidence i have.

Next step TS and OFT :)

I hope your reading this (EDIT) lol

Am also at the point where I am thoroughly pi**ed off with this company. Lies, threats, denial of having received letters (sent Recorded and they managed to cash the cheques in the same envelope), increasing 'agreed' payments at will then claiming that account is in default, failure to respond to requests for statements, making false claims about intended legal action. In short, downright unprofessional behaviour all round and an absolute scandal that they have a licence to trade :mad:

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Has anybody had a letter from the pre court division claiming that you already have a CCJ concerning the matter when in fact you don't and can prove so?

Have they apologised and said that the debt was accepted in error as post litigation?

Did they claim they have a "robust" computer "take on" system in place?

When you pointed out the pre is not the same as post did they send a letter stating they are no longer dealing with the account?

Join the club :)

Also, my apologies to gizmo111 for having to edit my post. I got carried away ;)

All of my letters have come from a "pre-court" division.... I have also had 'phone calls that have tried to emphasise the "pre-court" division, before I cut them off.... lol

Funnily enough, I have just had 3 calls in succession from these muppets... at 4.21pm, 4.22pm and 4.28pm. Methinks they don't like being investigated by the FOS... :)

I wonder what they'll send me :cool: .... they HAVE to give me a written response apparently.

LOL I'm gonna sound really dumb but what does the FOS mean is this just an abbreviation :p

Doh @ me :confused: well it is Friday or hmmmmmmm is it Wednesday LOL only joking \o/ thankyou x

And another paid full member of the Moorcrap sideshow,it's amazing how quickly these chump's throw there dummies out of the pram :D

Pre-Court Division,now surely thats a contridiction in terms :D

[COLOR="black"][SIZE="7"][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR="palegreen"][/COLOR][COLOR="darkorange"][/COLOR]Bless You,The Reverend[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="6"][/SIZE][/FONT]

Priority

I received a phone call from Moorcroft at 8.35 on Monday, 8th October, said it was convenient at that moment, watching cori,however, she continued the call without asking any data protection questions and calmly told me who she was phoning on behalf of and how much was owed. I tried to tell her the account was in dispute because of charges, but I couldn't get a word in edgeways so I hung up. I have complained to the Credit Card Company who have now settled the refund and I have put an official complaint in with Moorcroft, but how do I stand on this one.

I've just joined the CAG and have been familiarising myself with the different types of forums etc in preparation for posting various issues that I require assistance with. One area that I have many questions about is regarding debt collection agencys in particular Moorcroft and the many questionable ways they have of conducting their business that I am only now becoming aware of due to recent demands by another agency for amounts I have allready paid on accounts I had believed to have been settled. It is because of this that I have been forced to research my rights and the regulations etc that form the acceptable ways of operating such a business and the many restrictions placed upon their activitys regarding how they must be carried out. I'm fairly sure that I will be putting forward a veritable feast of complaints regarding this company and its inability to follow the guidlines laid down by the OFT on unfair business practices within the debt collection industry. So put me down as a potentially large complaint for the FOS & the OFT and TS and any other complaints body to investigate I'm good for it I'm sure, and thats before my questions have been answered. Hows that for confident. Now to write that post about my experiences with them I'll come back and let you know when its done incase anyones interested or able to advise on certan aspects

Priority

I received a phone call from Moorcroft at 8.35 on Monday, 8th October, said it was convenient at that moment, watching cori,however, she continued the call without asking any data protection questions and calmly told me who she was phoning on behalf of and how much was owed. I tried to tell her the account was in dispute because of charges, but I couldn't get a word in edgeways so I hung up. I have complained to the Credit Card Company who have now settled the refund and I have put an official complaint in with Moorcroft, but how do I stand on this one.

It's never "convenient".... ;) .... just hang up. I've also had a DCA launch into full-on mode without going through the DPA.... think it's because they get so many people hanging up on them now, that they consider it worth the risk. The latest tactic is to ring up and give a first name only... "Can I speak to P1 please ?" "Who's calling ?".... "Sarah". That kind of thing.... :cool: .

You can complain to TS in Stockport about them... but I have no idea how effective this branch of TS is. They tend to differ from one area to the next. All I can say is... the more complaints received, the more TS will have to take the matter on board.

• 3 weeks later...

In addition to complaining to Moorcrap its very inmportant to complain to the original creditor as they are ultmately responsible for the actions of these maggots. Maybe if they lost a few of their lucrative contracts it would focus their tiny minds

In addition to complaining to Moorcrap its very inmportant to complain to the original creditor as they are ultmately responsible for the actions of these maggots. Maybe if they lost a few of their lucrative contracts it would focus their tiny minds

Yes.

To my mind, this is one of the most important aspects of complaining about DCAs. ie. Who referred your 'case' to them? Who was the original creditor? As ODC says, the OC is ultimately responsible for the DCA's behaviour.

One of the leading banks has admitted this in writing. They go on to say that the DCA is a 'reputable agency' - which is a pile of poo and they know it. I think SP(?) has had a similar letter recently. By another creditor. Piles o'poo.

They're either ignoring bad press here, or lying. If every complaint here about a Debt Collection Agency had the name of the original creditor in the message, we'd all get a clearer picture of the way banks work. Does a bank care about the welfare of a customer? Yes - until we stop buying their products and fall behind with payments. Then we're roadkill, left for crows and jackals. What does that say about the bank?

Shame the banks and they will stop referring cases to DCAs. DCAs will have no business left.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Sorry to disappoint. Its general not Moorcroft. I had one the other day about Citicards and all my other claims that I have done through the FOS. It is taking about a month to allocate a caseworker.

Damn! I fell asleep with a smile on my face last night as well :(

Done that ODC. Sent a letter to United Utilities but still waiting for the response :(

• 3 weeks later...

Well everybody likes a happy ending so i'll share mine with you :)

Got a letter last week from United Utilities stating that Moorcroft have raised quite a few alarm bells and there involvement with UU is under discussion at the next agency review :)

Also, received a letter from Moorcroft this morning in response to my FOS complaint with a lovely cheque of a not small amount for my inconvenience :)

To re-cap. I haven't paid Moorcroft a single penny and the debt was returned to the client when i began asking difficult (for them) questions. They now have the FOS costs to deal with and have compensated me for writing a few letters. This is looking to be a very merry Christmas lol