Your Advice needed !!

RiPPeRUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post but have been a lurker for a while ,

I have got a letter this morning (after about 40 phone calls and me saying please put anything you have to say in writing) from Intrum Justitia for a over due debt , to cut a long story short after being scammed our PayPal account is now in the red of over £2000

Can anyone please explain what "commenced formal debt recovery action" actually is (meaning what can they do) , I noticed that they are a member of the "CSA" (credit services association) who are they and what do they do ??

Is a PayPal debt enforceable ? or are they trying to force me into something I don't have to do , I have perfect credit record and don't want to put that at risk but don't see why i should have to pay this money when i don't (in my eyes) owe it !!

what's the best way for me to go forward ? Do I just ignore them or do i write to them saying i refuse to pay and see what action they decide to take ? Will they take me to court ? Or do you think that they don't have a case under British law as they are just glorified con artists ?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

First of all it might be good to know if the police are involved in this fraud ?....and what the situation is regarding any protection that you may have had with Paypal.....If the police are involved or Paypal are pursuing the [problem] it might be worthwhile informing Intrum of the situation. On your Paypal account does it have anything to do with a credit card payment/acceptance or from a credit card account ? As I know that you will have some sort of credit card insurance....

Well to start with the police did care , I bought a job lot and it was being sent to me , i had a buyer lined up who paid me through PayPal , I then PayPaled the fund to the seller , who didn't sent the items the buyer did a charge back which left me in the red , I won my claim from the seller but PayPal said there was no funds so I cannot get the money back !! I know I was stupid in this matter but this still isn't fair !!!

It makes you laugh how they work if they can take the funds from my account which wasn't there and leave me in the red then why don't they just take the money from the seller and then try getting the money back from them instead of trying to rip me off !!!

So much for PayPal protection !!