HELP! CIS trying to rip me off

boo_kitty10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i phoned up my insurance they saidd they have received the report and it has been passed to the resolution team she said are you aware your car was a total loss before?????? no isnt that illegal if that was the case the car would have been squashed so i said what happens now this is ridiculous ive been waiting since august she said the team will now contact previous insurer of previous owner to find out what happened to car before if there is a record of it?

i said so what about me when do i get paid and how much she said someone will contact u next week??????

im so fed up of being given the run around, im stil in a hire car who hav sent me another rental agreement to sign and return to them as they said "the first agreement only enables us to claim for hire upto 90 days in order for us to claim any subsequent hire we must provide a 2nd rental agreement as each rental agreement is only valid for 90 days"

without this document we cannot continue hire.

what do i do, does this sound right, i rang them and said is this a trick incase u dont get your money for the hire off them your gonna charge me for it and the lady ensured me no its not its true and what they need to recover their money from third party....

any advise.help would be great

i signed the second rental agreement for the hire car and sent it back but rang her before doing so and recorded her saying that the charges will not be charged to me as that was what i was worried about so if they ever do try charging me for it i have her recorded on phone.

with regards to the actual claim does anyone know of any similar experience such as my own or been in my situation?????

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi chester,

thanks for thinking of me - i am still in a courtesy car but i have agreed to a settlement figure of 7000!!!! big difference to the ridiculous amount cis sent me a cheque for just goes to show perserverance and patience pays off in the end.

well done you:D. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will rip you off if you don't stand up and fight back.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON