moorcroft / kays debt

becky75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A friend of mine, cant get credit so used her first name and partners last name to get some things out kays catalogue.

They sent her items under hr different name - she hasn't signed anything but now fallen behind and moocroft chasing.

They even phoned her this week supposedely because of post strike which I told her they cant really.

So if she ccas them she using a different surname to write to them . what does she do ?

I told her would ask all you vey helpfull people on this site x

Very dodgy this!

I certainly wouldn't advocate sending a CCA request in what is essentially a false name and could lead to fraud allegations.

Receiving the goods under false name could also be seen as receiving goods by deception. Both criminal offences.

My best advise would have to be Citizens Advise, or find out if you have a Law Centre near to you;

About Law Centres: Find your local Law Centre

Or maybe even a local solicitor who'ld give a 1st consultation for free.

Best wishes, Dave.

It is a criminal offence to order goods under a false name.

I think your friend would be very foolish to go down the CCA route (catalogues don't necessarily write off balances for goods received regardless of whether there is an agreement or not. They are far more likely to go to court than other organisations). She could very quickly find that she not only has a civil action against her but a ciminal one as well.

I think the best advice would be to do a Statement of Affairs and make a payment proposal to the catalogue or Moorcroft based on her ability to pay and stick to it.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.