mortgage company doesn't have standard security documents

ecobabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be very wary about this. What do they mean by "the Standard Security has been returned to us by the Registers of Scotland, unfortunately we didn't receieve this, please sign the enclosed Security and return in enclosed stamped addressed envelope.

Maybe I have missed the point but from what they are saying the standard security was returned but they didnt recieve it and they want you to sign something else they purport to be the standard security. Phone the Registars office and ask them. Possibly the solicitors forgot to register the standard security.Only when it is registered agaisnt your property do the mortgage company have any personal right against you. ie you default on the mortgage or say become bankrupt then they have first bite at the cherry on your property so to speak. On this basis I would want to know what they are getting me to sign.ie is the address of the property theron, is you neme theron is the amount thereon etc, is the name of the Bukding society thereon.

Let us know how you get on . Finallly look to the Conveyancing and Feudal reform (Scotland) Act 1970 Schedule 2 Forms a and b , for a style of how these forms should look

• Haha 1

Basically what it means is the problem was the building societys not yours. They had no interest noted against your property ie if you went bankrupt the building society wouldnt have claim as a secured creditor. That is appalling that only after you contaced the Law society she moved her butt. If I was you I would speak to the building society and let them know and also send a copy of the letter to the law society. No doubt you paid a fee for her services!!