Virgin Media.

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been provided all the details even a letter from the bank telling them when the payments were made and they should have recieved them.

Moor crap have completly ignored the bank and my partner and l and so have VM.

It does not even help when l have provided the evidence as it has sum how gone missing.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well a letter this morning from Moor crap.

IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/The-GodMother/moorcroftletter20dec07.jpg[/img]

Completly ignoring the rules on debt collection guideance.

I have emailed the OFT and l am wondering if l should contact the FSO.

I am also going to check my partners credit report as they my have entered incorrect info on there and if they have l will be contacting the information commissioners office.

Oh and if this is what they class as a default notice then it is not legal and l cant believe the costs that they say it will be.

Looks like a massive Feck off is needed for them.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

sorry for sum reason the link does not want to work atm

moorcroftletter20dec07.jpg

*&%$£!£ photobucket it wants to work now.

Advice is welcome if you no what should be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have just found in the post a letter from these idiots.

Looks like they are ignoring the OFT guidelines on debt collection like there website states they follow.

They are now preparing a file for court action.

This makes me laugh tho.

How can they take my partner to court when they have refused to use his name and the person they are taking to court does not exist?

Good luck to them thats all l say.

If court papers are recieved they will just be sent back saying not known at this address.

Chrissi

Moor crap are total losers. Just ask them for a copy of there complaints procedure, they won't send one so complain to the CSA. They write back within 7 days and all of a sudden Moor crap see the error of there ways.

Still didn't stop me reporting them to Stockport TS, the FSO or the OFT :)

I have reported them to Stockport TS, They have put there head in the sand like my local TS have.

FOS have said nothing and the OFT have replyied saying ty but we cant get involved in inviduail cases you comments have been noted and would you please fill out this form so we can use you case in prosectution of moorcrap if we prosecute them.

Whats the CSA?

Chrissi

I no it means child support agency but what has it to do with moorcrap?

They advised me to talk to my local trading standards and ask them to transfer it to them.

I told them that my local ts have said they will not be taking the case up as it is a debt issue and they dont deal with debt.

They then advised me they could not do anything as l did not live in there area and that all request for there assistance would have to come from my TS.

Needless to say they have both stuck there head in the sand.

Chrissi

Oh sorry l meant to ask how do l contact the credit service agency and can they help me with other companys like littlewoods or do they only deal with DCAs?

Chrissi

yeah i have my chin up but it pees me off when another letter for this debt cums threw

I have decided tho that this company neededs dealing with the sensible way.

ignored.

All letters for the wrong person are going back to the company and i am going to ask for in writing a copy of there complaints procedure.

Chrissi.

My partner an l have a on going dispute with Virgin Media regarding the telephone and tv bill.

During the time of the switch over to Virgin Media from NTL they lost some money that belongs to us that we had used to pay off the bill it totals £550 which was paid to them in smaller lump sums of £200, £200, £150 over a four week period.

Now despite all the evidence, which virgin media claims never to have recieved, they still want there money.

Now as you may be able to understand them losing a few bits of paper once or twice is acceptable but not every week for about 6 mths now.

Yesterday we recieved in the post a default notice.

Now i assummed that....

A) the Default notice had to be in the name of the person that has defaulted. Addressed to a Mr X incorrectly and not a Mr XY.

B) This account was not allowed to be defaulted or they demand action been taken within 7 days if there is a dispute on the account.

C) Action could not be taken if there was not a signed credit agreement.

The default agreement looks above board but i could never say with Virgin Media.

It says this line.

DEFUALT NOTICE.

Served under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As i said there was not credit agrrement signed so i think they can do anything about this.

Please advise if i am wrong

The GodMother.

Sorry, I am a little confused. How did you make these payments?

I am wondering if they have done a similar thing they did to me. They opened two accounts and kept chasing me for one I didn't pay. I was only meant to have one account and kept asking why they was chasing payment. I had my bank statements with the direct debit going out so was completely confused.

I managed to work it out myself as I used to work for NTL. They had a shadow account which was not linked to the main account and the shadow account was the one not being paid.

I figured it out when looking at the account number of the demand letters.

Needless to say when I realised this I exploded and at the moment I don't pay for my broadband.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Godmother - If you've ten minutes spare then draft a letter of complaint to the local Government Ombudsman. Tell them that your TS Department (as part of xxx Council) has a statutory duty to enforce the Consumer Credit Act. Say that you've complained but that the LA has refused to deal with your enquiry and you would like the LGO to investigate your complaint. Copy the TS Department. That will change their approach..

And my default letters from NTL say "customer credit act 1974" - they can't even get that right!

Ok edz11 will give that a try.

How do l find out where to send the letter to tho. I dont have a address for my local govermant.

Also my local TS is part of the county council does this effect were l send it to?

Chrissi

oh l know where my local TS is based it is at county hall and its the one for the whole of the norfolk area.

Chrissi

• 2 months later...

Oh this doesn't surprise me any after the last few weeks.

We too paid our VM bill and they, after 10 working days to clear the payment, and acknowledging that the payment had 'gone missing' sent a default notice today.

I rang them and after clarifying that they had agreed to launch a `lost payment search' and that the default notice would be retracted; to which I was told thay couldn't do anything for 30 days, I decided enough was enough and asked to cancel my services.

Interestingly enough after attempts to persuade me otherwise I was presented with a £150 pound charge, £10 per month per service for the remainder of a 12 month contract. I of course asked on what contract this was based since I had only signed one contract over 3 years ago with NTL.

Apparently reducing my services to minimum TV BB and Phone meant that I was to be held to another 12 months, they say they sent a contract by post, which I never received and certainly have never therefore signed.

The fella actually told me that he had no record of a contract available to him but that was what the computer system would apply in charges and that was that.

I asked him to put me through to someone who could resolve the legal issue of having no contract upon which to enforce these charges and he told me There's no one I can put you through to who would know about that, we use third party collections agencies, you'll have to take it up with their solicitors as we don't have any.

An astonished pause...

...at the stupidity of such a statement and that VM apparently have no one in their company who understands basic contractual law.....

So there's the answer no one in VM knows squat about anything legal, nor probably cares, the computer system rules above common sense.

In short I was told to talk to the debt collectors hand:eek:

sounds about rite with these ppl.

The funny thing is Moorcrap have stopped chasing as i threaten legal action due to oft guidelines and sent a LBA.

10 minutes after them signing for it they telephoned saying they were passing the debt back.

not heard anything since and that was a month+ ago.

VM are my interent provider and i have never had a problem with them over thie internet.

Chrissi

If I might just go back to post #50

Well this morning a hand delivered no envelope letter turned up.

The OFT clearly classes this as: Physical/psychological harassment

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Just one other point you should be aware of.