My debt

mortalwombat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MW, your thread is very confusing for anyone new looking in on you. There appears to be 3 x queries going on here. Alliance & Leicester, Egg and a phone contract.

I am also not too sure what you mean by you cant get letters from this thread due to a hacker in your photobucket account.. are you saying you have lost your images ? I am assuming you still have the original documents and can reload them.

What is the status with the credit agreements ?

I would suggest that you start independant threads in the relevant forums, make your first post in each new thread a summary of what is going on for each separate account.. then perhaps you will get more detailed advice. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just the egg account im worried about, not the others ive paid the phone contract off now, i dont have any of the original letters as i uploaded them to a hard drive for safe keeping and destroyed the paper documents, stupid i know. Yes my photobucket account was hacked people went in it through facebook and were posting my personal details all over the net, thats why i closed off my PB account and kept them all on a seperate hard drive till that broke. all i am left with now is the credit agreement that was sent to me by egg, thats what im querying they said it was going to the collections department, which is what im worried about as ACTIVE KAPITAL who have the credit card bill from egg sent me a letter the other day wanting the full 1,680 or so pounds in full, do you think i should keep on fighting the credit agreement as it looks the same as some on the egg thread and they seem to be not worth the paper they written on apperntly, or offer them so much in the pound to settle the whole debt? i recon i could stretch the a quarter of the debt. I did mention 3 sets of debt on this thread, but its only the egg one now. if that helps, if someone could advise me as the egg thread ive looked at is so confusing.

Cheers.

IMHO, I would be inclined to invest £10.00 and send a Subject Access Request to Egg. That way you should obtain a record of what letters / telephone calls have been exchanged between you. You should also be able to identify what DCAs have been instructed to collect on this account. I doubt very much you will obtain hard copies of any letter exchanges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?284914-Credit-Today-OFT-imposes-requirements-on-Aktiv-Krapital&highlight=OFT

Have a read of the thread above, Aktiv Capital have just recently been censured by the OFT in respect of chasing debts where they have been advised a dispute is in progress.

You really shouldnt get into a panic over them threatening to send your account to their "Collections" department. Unless this account has been assigned (sold) to Aktiv Capital then they are unable to issue court proceedings against you. Only the OWNER of the debt can do that. There are also certain steps that need to be taken prior to any court action.. ie Default Notice, Termination Notice, Letter before Action (usually from a solicitor).. then the court claim.

I am assuming this is was an electronic application ? When was it entered into ? I am not too knowledgeable about these, but believe that after a certain date, the "tick" in the box is acceptable as a signature.

Have you received any Default notice from EGG. This will be a letter that says you owe an amount of arrears and if you pay it by a certain date, then no further action will be taken. It has to be accurate as to form and content and this can be a creditor's downfall. You will see from the "Communication Log" if one has been sent (or claimed to have been sent).

Are you still making token payments. ?

If you have kept up with the EGG thread, then I think you will find that the court case was found in favour of EGG.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D