My debt

mortalwombat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just bumping this so someone can answer you.

My mate had fredricksons threats, he never answered a single one, he was poking his head in the sand, they never did a thing, just passed it on to someone else.

The 10 days they say is just a threat, which seems to be working, don't panic. Hopefully one of the people who have been advising you will be along soon.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is an EGG agreement, you might find the thread in the following link a good read.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As this is an EGG agreement, you might find the thread in the following link a good read.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

HTH

I Had alook and i sent the debt collectors a letter on the following lines.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account number - IN DISPUTE

I write with reference to the above account, which I now consider to be in dispute for the following reason.

1. Credit Agreement

You provided me with a copy of a “Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974” for the above account as part of my Subject Access Request, which you responded to on 07/04/09.

This agreement is improperly executed under section 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the associated regulations. According to the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (Schedule 1), this agreement should have been given the heading “Credit Card Agreement”. In fact it has been incorrectly headed “Credit Agreement”.

Additionally, no “Credit Limit” has been stated – this is a prescribed term set out in the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, as required by section 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As the agreement has been improperly executed, it is only enforceable by an order of the court, by virtue of section 65. However, since it does not explicitly state the term “credit limit” (rather, it mentions only an "Approved Limit”), as required by Schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, the court would be prevented from granting such an order by virtue of section 127(3).

Im just hoping this was the right action to take :-)

• 2 months later...

What is the date on this letter, was it posted 1st or 2nd class post ?

Dear Sir/ Madam

Account in Dispute

I am in receipt of your letter dated (whenever) and mailed 2nd class post . [remove the part in red if it was posted 1st class]

I am surprised that Alliance & Leicester have instructed you to attempt to collect on an account that is in serious dispute with them.

I would point out they are in breach of OFT Guidelines as follows:

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties.

e. not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a different debt collector.

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I therefore suggest you return this account to Alliance & Leicester for resolution of my dispute.

Yours faithfully

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 months later...

This is the latest letter from egg via some other firm.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff20/mortalwombat_2007/recent.jpg

Am i right in sending this as a reply?

Dear Sir/ Madam

Account in Dispute

I am in receipt of your letter dated 04/11/09.

I am surprised that EGG have instructed you to attempt to collect on an account that is in serious dispute with them.

I would point out they are in breach of OFT Guidelines as follows:

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties.

e. not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a different debt collector.

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I therefore suggest you return this account to EGG for resolution of my dispute.

Yours faithfully

Cheers. :confused:

Edited by citizenB
removed font formatting.

Bryan Carter is a solicitor, a particularly nasty character by all accounts.

I am not sure the letter you sent to Equidebt will be sufficient for BC.

I would write and say something along the lines of the letter in the following link.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/575-letter-to-solicitors-threatening-legal-action-in-default-of-agreement-request-

HTH

BCOBS

Bryan Carter is a solicitor, a particularly nasty character by all accounts.

I am not sure the letter you sent to Equidebt will be sufficient for BC.

I would write and say something along the lines of the letter in the following link.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/575-letter-to-solicitors-threatening-legal-action-in-default-of-agreement-request-

HTH

Is This better?

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of 04/11/2009, the content of which is noted. No debt to your client is acknowledged.

On 22/04/09 I made a formal request to your client pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have failed to comply within the statutory time limit, or at all. It should not be necessary to have to remind solicitors that the provisions of s.78(6) now apply.

In the circumstances, Your threat of legal action would appear to be a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection. Should you or your client bring proceedings, they will be robustly defended, and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches . Furthermore, I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the Court when the issue of costs is being considered.

Yours faithfully

Is This better?

Dear Sirs

[

I refer to your letter of 04/11/2009, the content of which is noted. No debt to your client is acknowledged.

On 22/04/09 I made a formal request to your client pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have failed to comply within the statutory time limit, or at all. It should not be necessary to have to remind solicitors that the provisions of s.78(6) now apply.

In the circumstances, your threat of legal action would appear to be a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection. Should you or your client bring proceedings, they will be robustly defended, and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches . Furthermore, I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the Court when the issue of costs is being considered.

I would suggest you now return this account to the original creditor for resolution of my dispute.

Yours faithfully[/font]

Yep, looks fine, I have added a paragraph.:grin:

BCOBS

You're very welcome:D

BCOBS

• 11 months later...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j358/lufcwhites2010/img001.jpg

Can someone help with this please, latest letter i have recieved about my egg account, these ppl claim to of sent me 2 letters since august 2010, ive never had any letter, they say they tried contacting EGG and no record of my original account??

I had all my letters etc on annother hard drive safe (well i thought anyway) and its crashed and burned i have no records now, so im at a loss what to do now, all my paper documents i put on there and disposed of so im not sure which way to turn can anyone adivse me on something please?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to advise me on this matter please, ive asked numerous times , seems like im being ignored, i was told to bump if no one replies but it doesnt seem to be working, if it goes to their collections department they will demand the money and im getting a little worried now.

It is getting me down i dont need all this stress ive been very poorly last 3 years i just dont know what to do anymore.

Please Please Please help.

Dear Sirs

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXXX The account is in dispute due to (delete as appropriate) a failure to respond to my legal request for a copy of the agreement/PPI/excessive charges etc etc. The account has been in dispute since I last wrote to XXXXXXX on the (date)

I am sure I have no need to remind you of the OFT's guidelines which clearly state. -

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

I enclose a copy of my last letter of correspondence, which has gone unanswered, but was received by them on the (date)

I trust this makes my position perfectly clear.

Yours faithfully.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j358/lufcwhites2010/img001.jpg

Can someone help with this please, latest letter i have recieved about my egg account, these ppl claim to of sent me 2 letters since august 2010, ive never had any letter, they say they tried contacting EGG and no record of my original account??

I had all my letters etc on annother hard drive safe (well i thought anyway) and its crashed and burned i have no records now, so im at a loss what to do now, all my paper documents i put on there and disposed of so im not sure which way to turn can anyone adivse me on something please?

Cheers.

They are saying that according to EGG there is no record of any dispute logged in their system. Sadly if you have lost all your letters then you too dont have any record. You should always keep a paper copy along with the recorded delivery slip attached to it. Should the unthinkable happen and you end up in court, you will need to prove that you sent the letters. The Post receipts also allow you to check if those letters have been received, thereby denying the creditor the opportunity to say they havent received them.

I imagine that as long as you still have the postal receipts that you could reproduce your letters from your thread !! Please tell me that you kept all the original letters from the Creditor/DCA/Solicitors who have written to you ?

I have to be honest, I dont quite understand your situation. I see you have 3 creditors, is this thread only concerned with EGG ?

I would suggest that you have a look back over your thread, reproduce the letters that you sent, especially if you have the postal receipts and then write back to Aktive Kapital advising that as far as you are concerned there has been a dispute with EGG since... whatever date.. and that it remains unresolved.

BTW, what exactly is the dispute ?

If it is in connection with an s78 request that hasnt been fulfilled then you need to advise AK as such.

Have you been in touch with one of the Debt Counselling charities such as National Debtline or CCCS ?

BCOBS

lol, I see 42man beat me to it.

BCOBS

The main concern is EGG but i have a loan from Alliance and leicester aswell in the earlier stages of the thread, but the one thats being chased is EGG i have no records at all i scanned all the letters and put them on hard drive and that failed and ive lost all records i didnt know to keep the reciepts i didnt think, EGG has basically passed on my balance i owed on a credit card from pillar to post and now its with AKTIVE KAPITAL and they say EGG have stated there is no dispute logged with themselves. im really frustrated and mad.

I was in touch with national debt line years back they advised me to write and then pay token payments which i was doing untill i stumbled upon this site, where u guys advised me on writing some letters and getting my credit agreement sent which i did have on hard drive till it went belly up.

I was under the understanding that the credit agreement i had which was the same as others in the the actual EGG thread it wasnt worth the paper it was written on, so have EGG purposely passed the buck to get out of the bad credit agreement i recieved??

And another thing is, i cannot get any of my letters from this thread as i had to make a new photobucket account as someone hacked into me old 1 and posted all my debt details in aol chat rooms, looks like im knackered, unless someone can help, i cannot send that letter as it says i enclose a copy of last letter sent to blah blah.

Any ideas where i can go from here guys??

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ive managed to find the credit agreement sent to me i presume by egg last year, is it worth offering AKTIV KAPITAL say 400 pounds instead of the 1690 i owe, or continue to fight the egg credit agreement?? i hope u guys can help i just seem to be going round and round and full of worry all the time, ive just had a letter from Aktiv kapital and its at their collections deptartment now, so i dunno where to turn.

Hope someone can advise me.

Cheers.