Toucan broadband problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Neice (17) arranged for broadband to be connected at my Mohter In Laws house.

She explained the pecifications of the new Dell pc they had bought and also mentioned that it was using Visa as the operating system.

When the moden arrived it wasn't Vista compatable so she phoned them up and had to pay £5 for a new driver disk.

When it arrived i installed it but it still wouldnt work.I phoned the tech lineat the cost of £1.50 per min and was told te line hadn't gone live despite the fact that it should have done so 2 weeks earlier.

I was really annoyed so requested that they cancel the line and asked for the mack code.

They argued that we had a contract but i explained that they hadn't actually provided the service that we were paying for so they had actually broken the terms of the contract.

She has since gone with BT.

Now she is getting letters and phone calls threatening her with court action if she doesnt pay the contract.

I have just spoken to someone from Toucan and actually pointed out that they took the contract on after being instructed to by a child of 17 and went round the houses again explaining what had happened.

The chap on the end of the phone has nopw arranged for a TL to call me not my MIL within 48hrs.

Does anyone have any advice plase?

My MIL is getting phoned every morning at 8.10am by very rude staff who end up putting the phone down on her.

Many thanks,

Sue

Claiming £1537 from the HALIFAX

Interest £190.96

TOTAL: £1727.96

Claim submitted to the Halifax County Court.

Deemed served 04/08/2006.

(Yes i am a HALIFAX resident!:) )