MBNA being stupidly unfair

thecornflake
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a general question really which is why I didn't post it in the MBNA forum - it would apply to any credit card company I think.

A while ago I paid about £6000 off my MBNA card, reducing it to £300 balance. I then got a letter telling me that because of information recieved from credit agencies they reduced my limit to £300. Fair enough I thought, it stops me racking it back up again.

However, they then took out the interest a few days before payment as most CCs do, which of course took it over the limit. Then a late charge, so that's £50 for about £1 over the limit. Now I've had the same again. So I'm up to £400 even though I never actually took it over the limit by my own actions.

I know I can claim as normal (they owe me a lot more than £100 anyway for the last few years!) but I want to get this sorted quickly and was wondering how to approach them if I call to get the last couple of charges removed as I think this is particularly unfair.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Horrid people! It's no wonder people get in to debt and can't climb back out!

I would ring them and ask for it back on this occassion. I have often done that (when I notice!), and it has always worked. Explain that what they have done is merely compounding your situation. Not to mention the fact that it is unlawful!

Of course, you could just add it to your list anyway and wait to get it back. Just depends how desperate you are I suppose.

Good luck!

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

i would just go down the normal route of claiming it back and let them credit your account with the charges and then send you a cheque for the difference. They will then close your account but does that really matter anyway ?