Fred_Funk vs Barclaycard

Fred_Funk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ims21

I'm in a similar situation to up2meears in that I had a partial refund of charges some time ago. Can you elaborate on the basis on which I could now approach Barclaycard for a full refund?!

Thanks

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

ims21

I'm in a similar situation to up2meears in that I had a partial refund of charges some time ago. Can you elaborate on the basis on which I could now approach Barclaycard for a full refund?!

Thanks

Fred_Funk

Partial refund of PPI or Charges?

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Partial refund of PPI or Charges?

ims

Charges.

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

Hi Fred,

Posts moved onto your old BC thread to avoid hijack. :-)

I have to say that, if you wanted to pursue the further refund that you were entitled to, you should have taken action sooner. It's coming up for 4 years and you have failed to exercise "due diligence".

When you accepted their reduced offer as partial settlement, you should have taken prompt action to recover the further sums using court action.

If you try taking court action now to recover the balance of default charges, a court is very likely to throw the case out. You would lose any court fees you have paid and you also risk getting the bank's costs awarded against you.

:sad:

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Charges.

Hi

I think Slick has provided an answer on your original thread

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Right, I've got a week off work and am determined to get this show up and running again.

With that in mind, would be grateful if someone rather more knowledgeable than myself, such as ims21, could take a look at the attached sets of figures and let me know if they're in the right ballpark. The first attachment shows contractual interest, the second one simple s69 interest.

Would also be grateful for thoughts as to which I should, in the first instance, go for.

Thanks in anticipation

Fred_Funk

Barclaycard.pdf

Barclaycard2.pdf

Hi

If going the court route you could use the first one as it shows pure compound interest.

If you are going to have an award under the regulatory system (i.e. what fos would award if you go to them) then this spreadsheet applies

FosRunningPPI v101.xls

If the banks uphold a complaint then they award a regulatory based amount.

Our compound interest can be achieved through court.

Up to you which route you take

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi! And thanks for your speedy reply.

Am I right in thinking the second spreadsheet I've used is similar - if not quite as sophisticated - as the one you've linked to below?!

Additionally, am I right in thinking that, using your spreadsheet, if your account is in debit it will not incur any simple interest at 8 per cent?

Fred_Funk

Hi

If going the court route you could use the first one as it shows pure compound interest.

If you are going to have an award under the regulatory system (i.e. what fos would award if you go to them) then this spreadsheet applies

[ATTACH]34191[/ATTACH]

If the banks uphold a complaint then they award a regulatory based amount.

Our compound interest can be achieved through court.

Up to you which route you take

ims

Hi

Have a look here...there is a brief explanation of each of the spreadsheets.

The two you have used are actually quite different.

The one you used in "Barclaycard.PDF" is a pure compound interest calculator where interest is compounded daily.

The one you used in "Barclaycard2.PDF" is a simple interest calculator i.e. the interest is not compounded. Typically the latter would be used for single premium PPI claims on a loan.

In the "fosRunningPPI spreadsheet, this works out a PPI award based on the regulatory bodies' method of redress, i.e the FSA which is what fos use as the basis for their awards. You are correct that under this system you get 8% simple interest if the removal of the PPI and its associated contractual interest puts the account into credit. You then get 8% simple on that credit balance for that charging period.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

In the "fosRunningPPI spreadsheet, this works out a PPI award based on the regulatory bodies' method of redress, i.e the FSA which is what fos use as the basis for their awards. You are correct that under this system you get 8% simple interest if the removal of the PPI and its associated contractual interest puts the account into credit. You then get 8% simple on that credit balance for that charging period.

ims

Would I though be right in thinking that many people have used less sophisticated spreadsheets which calculate the 8 per cent simple interest regardless of whether or not the account would have been in credit were it not for the PPI [and its associated contractual interest]?!

They may have done but that wouldn't be the award they achieved

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 1 month later...

Right, I've finally got a bit of time on my hands and intend to get my LBA in the post this week. Without fail.

That being the case, can someone more knowledgeable than myself - like, for instance, ims21 - please confirm, again, that the first spreadsheet attached to post #5 will be acceptable.

Thanks in anticipation

Fred_Funk

See my response in post #6?

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions